Flying non gps mode is way too scary

Reaction score
I've done it a couple of times, and will never do it. The thing drifts way too much and hard to control.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Thats the thing with todays GPS quads... people who can not fly a non-gps quad buy & fly them without proper training & knowhow. And that is exactly why you should learn to fly in manual. If there was a problem and you needed to get the bird to safety you better be able to fly it manually. Get a cheap quad to practice with. It will make you a safer flyer and you'll understand how your quad flies and why it does what it does. ;)

Reactions: gvsukids
Knocked the switch one time unknowingly, out over water, not a good feeling. But when I get to a place with an open field need to work on it just in case!

Well, I guess it's not too smart to fly when you're surrounded by tall buildings everywhere in a foreign country. I crashed into the side of the building. Luckily the neighbor had a bunch of plants on his balcony and there was no damage. I did have to rig up a rope and drop it down one more floor. I am lucky. I'll probably get a cheap syma one to mess around with.

It sucks because I'm in such a beautiful place, but can't fly the Phantom because I'll either get robbed or crash into a building. I am going to a distant beach in a few days, so that will be amazing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers