Flying my drone down the road

Reaction score

my friend drove while i flew it. started out trying to use follow me mode, but had to start flying it myself since it didn't seem to go up and down with the hills. it was really hard cuz the trees were so close to the road, but we were still able to go pretty fast with it!

question is - can follow me mode not adjust for height? i want to be able to drive by myself while its flying, but only problem is i don't want to worry about it running into stupid hills.

If you fly with autopilot and use a device with a barometer on your remote it will compensate for change in altitude. Works well.

like i said, i had to take over and fly because it wasn't adjusting height. yeah, didn't even think about power lines. you can see it was sunny so i could barely even see the screen, so i was just trying to go fast and dodge trees!

use a device with a barometer on your remote
cool didn't know they made those. when i get good i will drive around with my p4 since it can dodge stuff, hopefully. lol. i'm just practicign with my p3 since if i crash it, no big deal. i will have to look into the barometer thing cuz then i could drive it anywhere!

I wouldn't recommend you to do that since it's very dangerous for you and for others. When flying drones, never do something else, like driving. If you must, do as you did on the video: ask someone to drive the car for you and keep your fingers on the sticks. Have fun! Nice video btw

Vitor Damiani

Wow, this is some great flying. You are so low and flying well beneath those trees. Great speed. You definitely have some good skills.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

thanks, yeah i've flown down roads several times, but this was the first time from inside the car so it was a new challenge. just hoping i don't fly by some cops! haha

I'd like to try this with my H-D Road King on one of the back roads here in Arizona. Just need to teach my girlfriend how to fly a drone.

Definitely the Drone. LOL Back roads are little too curvy and mountainous to do both even in the follow me mode I think.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1