Flying my 450 with E300 motors

Reaction score
Nothing special but it sure flys nice low and slow!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMOpD7ObxdE[/youtube]

jimandsue60 said:

I dated a girl like that once :shock: :lol:

Re: the vid....wow! Was that all in manual mode? If so, it looks like you have it down pretty well!

I couldn't quite tell what landing gear those are...?

p.s. I really miss Florida :(

OI Photography said:
jimandsue60 said:

I dated a girl like that once :shock: :lol:

Re: the vid....wow! Was that all in manual mode? If so, it looks like you have it down pretty well!

I couldn't quite tell what landing gear those are...?

p.s. I really miss Florida :(

Thanks, that was all in Atti mode. I am not very good in manual yet. I try to practice in close corters on my street everyday. All the snowbirds have not returned yet :)

The landing gear is from a ALIGN H70060 700F3C Landing Skid from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DP7W0O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 cost me less than 10 dollars. I have them stuck on with 3 M double sided sticky tape. They are very strong. I have the DJI legs and they just vibrate to much.

9908404_orig.jpg

OI Photography said:
Perfect, thank you! Any idea what size tubes would fit in the holes if I wanted to add those?

I thought about doing that but they really are stout. I tried to get an archery arrow thru the holes and the arrow I have is .355. I could have forced it thru but it was tight. I believe that a 9MM tube would be perfect. The total weight for the 2 legs is 86 grams compared to the DJI legs (4) which are 72 grams.

OI Photography said:
Right on. I've been thinking about trying a lighter config on my 550 including switching to some squat skids like that.

When I bought them I bought 2 pair. One pair will be going on a 550 in the next week or two. I spray painted the pair on my 450 black and it is holding up well.

OI Photography said:
They do look very slick on it. I'll be waiting to see/hear how they do on your 550.

Here you go, I slapped a 550 frame together with the Align landing gear. There are a lot of different possibilities on how to mount them.

2110470_orig.jpg

7198322_orig.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers