Flying long distances. More powerfull repeater thread

Reaction score
Guys -
I have been following the "More Powerful Repeater" thread and had a question. I am new to all of this but I did buy a PV2 and I have bought the upgrades to make my repeater more powerful but I haven't installed anything yet. When I go out on flights, I can fly my PV2 until it's out of sight and I'll use the go home function to bring it back to me. What I wanted to know is when you fly out of sight, are you using the FPV to bring it back to you or are you using the Go Home feature?

I am trying to learn the compass and get a better sense of direction in regards to my trx when the pv2 is facing a particular way and my orientation is off. Curious as to how you guys fly your PV2. I did see video on Youtube about using the loc position (how important is that)

I would like to know how you guys fly and to make sure I am not missing something.

Thanks in advance from Dallas Texas! :D

Of you fly beyond line of sight, you can use the "radar" function of the app to see where you are and what your orientation is. Then simply yaw until you see the indicator pointing toward the center of the radar screen and go forward.

Or, if you are ready, switch to IOC mode in the assistant software and use Home Lock to bring the craft back home.

Sledge said:
Of you fly beyond line of sight, you can use the "radar" function of the app to see where you are and what your orientation is. Then simply yaw until you see the indicator pointing toward the center of the radar screen and go forward.

Or, if you are ready, switch to IOC mode in the assistant software and use Home Lock to bring the craft back home.

To be honest with you, I haven't really used the the radar function to it's fullest so I guess I need to get more acquainted with that feature.

Can you explain what you mean by IOC mode? :? Still learning the terminology ...
"Or, if you are ready, switch to IOC mode in the assistant software and use Home Lock to bring the craft back home."[/quote]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik