Flying like its on steroids??

Reaction score
I got the IOC modes at least toggling and the GPS ATTI andFailsafe. All gains look oK but when I fly the phantom is zipping around at higher speed than ive noted before. when i rotate left or right i barely touch the yaw either way and it spins very rapidly. Its behaving like its higly unstable.

I did turn the x1and x2 screws on the transmitter and that might have screwed things up. Anyone have an idea whats happening?? I've done advanced cali ration and compass calibration and that all looks fine.

Thanks for any ideas

You may have accident set the GAIN for remote adjustment via either X1 or X2 selection.
If so when you turn the screw on the back of the TX, it will change the GAIN setting remotely.
Connect your Phantom to the Assistant, go to GAIN tab, disable (INH) those and set the default values as came from the DJI.

Its acting like the problem is in the TX. I ran it while holding the bottom down at the kitchen table and it seemed smooth and then when i ran the throttle up a bit and then back down it really started reving up and stayed at a highrpm level.

I did install the new firmware and all looks good on the naza screen.Seems like the TX is unstable. I may have to pack it all up and send it back.

insatiable said:
Its acting like the problem is in the TX. I ran it while holding the bottom down at the kitchen table and it seemed smooth and then when i ran the throttle up a bit and then back down it really started reving up and stayed at a highrpm level.

I did install the new firmware and all looks good on the naza screen.Seems like the TX is unstable. I may have to pack it all up and send it back.

Before you inhibit the X1 and/or X2 channel, use the Assistant to set the pot first. You want to turn the pot so that the bar is in the middle for both X1 and X2. Then inhibit BOTH of then.

Next, on The RC tab in Basic, move your throttle around and look on the right pane under stick monitor of the X1 and X2;
if the X1 and/or X1 bars moves, then you have problems. Most likely the TX but I'd send the whole set back.
You can try sending just the TX back but when you receive the new one, you must take off the shell to bind it.

Note, I suspect that you may have turn the pot too far!

LJ35

I couldnt get the IOC box to check in the Naza assistant. It would not toggle to gps and or failsafe only stay in atti mode. I was reading on that page that the x1 and x2 controls could help get this working so i adjusted them thru the back access of the tx. I think this is where things went downhill.

I later realized my compass was way off (6000 + on the Mod). and so proceeded to use a magnent and finally got the compass within range. Then i was able to check ioc and toggle through gps, atti, and failsafe etc. But now my transmitter sticks are delivering full power to yaw when its barely touched and also when manipulating the left roll stick - same thing full power when barely touched. Rest of sticks deliver the power gradually like they should. Its only the yaw and the left roll.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers