Flying is not smooth

Reaction score
So after a crash, and not even that bad of one I have changed all props, calibrated compass, checked all updates and re calibrated the controls and what not via the DJI Assist software. But still she just does not fly as smooth as she used to? Seems a bit wobbly, which makes for shakes video.
I see no visual damage, cracks, etc, all looks new still. I heard to balance props but have no clue how that could even be done?

Any help please, getting a bit frustrated with this DJI, and not sure I would purchase another if it only takes 1 minor crash to change flying

Well I hooked the quad to the DJI Assist and did a calibrate there if that is what you mean? Sorry not sure what IMU is?

The IMU is the NAZA sensory system. Gyro, accelerometer, barometer etc. there is a IMU calibration page showing both basic calibration and a more in depth one. You have to set the phantom on a level surface and not touch it while it's calibrating which takes several minutes. Do you remember doing something like that?

Geo

I'm gonna video record me hooking up the quad, and remote control, as I never do seem to get much results from doing this, seems it always ask to hook up controller? So maybe I am a total dummy and not doing something right? But I remember it hooked and calibrating but seem like ther was one more I depth one I was scared to do?

Controller is the Phantom, not he remote. You could try an advanced calibration...just make sure the Phantom is on a level surface and doesn't move during the process. If you do a little searching you should be able to find the ideal numbers on the IMU calibration page...a look at yours will tell you if you have a problem or not there.

You mentioned you replaced the props. Are the new ones genuine DJIs or the aftermarket ones that typically have xoxo on them? DJI ones are more stiff and seem to come more balanced out of the box. I've purchased the other ones and got a batch that was so poorly balanced, I couldn't lift off without tipping over. It can make a big difference and with the right balancer (Dubro--about $25), its easy enough to check.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl