Flying into the Sun -

Reaction score
I wonder how careful one should be when flying towards the sun with regard to the cameras sensor?

Does it depend on how high the sun is and how long the cameras sensor is exposed? I'd hate to damage the sensor as I have done with some compacts with too much sunlight.

The camera compensates for light so it should be harmless. I've been flying into the sun for the last few months, no problems for me anyway. An ND filter has benefits for slowing shutter in direct sunlight but it's a video quality thing, not a camera safety thing.

Of course if you're retracing the Flight of Icarus, at some point you'll have other problems :)

Hi FRS -

Glad you like it. I downloaded Media Player Classic "MPC-HC x64"

I changed the render settings in File/Options -> Output then changed from "system default to Video Mixing Render 9 (renderless)

That way I can save image with reasonable quality for web use - IMO the real trick is to display them smaller than the native rez when grabbing stills from video.

Settings wise, I am yet to mess with the software so can't really say at this stage. I am still concentrating on flying - only 3 days into it for me. The stills look better at 1920X1080 compared to stills captured from video - When I can fly better I will really enjoy that side of things.

I used Photoshop CS6 to adjust the brightness and contrast. I also used adjusted the lighting using the "lvls" adjust - I turned down the glare on the top half and added a slight sharpening. I think with many shots like this (that I pull from video - I'll limit the res more for 1280 -

You know of any good sites that talk DJI photography ... I can only find video topic in this forum ... I'd love to find a place that focus more on using the vision plus for photography.

Oh yea - TIME OF DAY is already a big issue in photography, however I am finding its a HUGE thing to take note of with Ariel photography. Is there any kind of CPL filters for these little cameras?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik