Flying into a building

Reaction score
I was wanting to create a video of flying from above to show a building and then fly into the door of the building to show inside. Would ATTI mode be the best to avoid lack of GPS inside the building? I realize that the compass might be adversely affected - correct? If the doorway is primarily an aluminum frame wouldn't it be alright? A second question to you video editing guys; can't you reverse a video if I wanted to fly from inside to outside for the same effect as flying forward? Thanks in advance. Bill

Might be the last video you ever take with it. Have you ever just flown it indoors in a confined space before?

MapMaker53 said:
Might be the last video you ever take with it. Have you ever just flown it indoors in a confined space before?

Last night I flew into my garage with a truck outside the garage and a car inside the garage to simulate what it would be like to fly through a doorway. I was able to hover over the car and bring it back out in almost the same path as entering, but it was challenging. I don't know what the building is constructed with, but I am mostly concerned about going thru a doorway which has metal on both sides and over the top.

Aluminum is not going to be a problem. Iron, steel, and other ferrous materials are the issues.

If your doing a 'fly-thru' or similar stay behind the quad at all times then you won't lose orientation, etc.

Stay in Atti. at all times.

i flew my relatively new vision + v.3 inside a large pole barn i have and other than kicking
up a bunch of dust it worked fine. no satellite indicators on the bird, yellow instead.

i did not fly thru any doorways though

Like 4wd said, it might be best to fly it to the doorway and hand-carry it inside. I know for certain I saw a video of this on YouTube somewhere.

Morgon said:
Like 4wd said, it might be best to fly it to the doorway and hand-carry it inside. I know for certain I saw a video of this on YouTube somewhere.

I suppose if I have someone come from behind, grab it, and carry it in while I shut off the propellers that it would work almost like it flew into the doorway. That is actually an idea that I did not contemplate - thanks! The video would continue to "film" with the Phantom propellers shut down until I hit the video end button on the smartphone app - correct?

Conquistador said:
Would ATTI mode be the best to avoid lack of GPS inside the building?
ATTI mode is what you'll get when you lose GPS sats anyway.
Probably a good idea to gain experience of how the Phantom handles in atti out in the open before trying it in a confined space.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub