Flying indoors with Wi-Fi signals is it possible ?

Reaction score
I have a P2 with stock controller, my boss wants me to shoot some video inside the warehouse with metal racking and Wi-Fi signals. Is this possible, or could I lose control of the P2 ? Thanks

The wifi shouldn't make any difference, but your GPS lock will be so patchy it might be best to use ATTI mode from the start rather than have it unpredictably working on and off.
In a large space it should be OK but the phantom generates it's own draughts and could soon start to drift without GPS lock.
You will need to be on the ball with gentle corrections at all times.
At least in a warehouse if you hit something it probably won't be someone's head ;)

GPS will not work indoors in a steel warehouse.
WiFi will not be an issue - unless you hover directly below an access point!!

I would ensure all personnel are cleared out, just in case you do lose control and make sure he is prepared to compensate you for any damage to your quad :)

Make sure you get lots of practice flying outdoors in ATTI mode first - the behaviour is very different to GPS mode. Take your hands off the sticks and it does NOT stop - you need to actively countermand any motion to bring it to a stop.

HarryT said:
Make sure you get lots of practice flying outdoors in ATTI mode first - the behaviour is very different to GPS mode. Take your hands off the sticks and it does NOT stop - you need to actively countermand any motion to bring it to a stop.

Yeah, I second this. Fly at least a few batteried in ATTI outside and get a feel for it. Keep GPS turned off inside. I was flying Saturday under a lot of trees and GPS kept coming and going. I switched over to ATTI and it was so much more predictable.

Thanks to all of you. I will take your advise and practice outside in ATT mode just to know what to expect. Inside the huge warehouse 1.6m sq. ft. there are repeater antenna's mounted on the ceiling about 200' apart with exactly 6 antenna's on it running to 20 different IDF's. Should I still be worried about losing control ?

I practiced for several days flying in my garage in ATTI mode, with only headlights on my P2 before flying in an underground cavern. Getting used to the ATTI mode in these close confines made it a lot easier when I actually flew in a cave with no GPS. Just don't over compensate when reversing direction.
http://youtu.be/03OtHQpUdb0

Great idea flying in a cave. I will be practicing in ATT mode for sure thanks for the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues