Flying Indoors with STOCK vision

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on the best way to fly a stock P2V indoors? I am in basic Vision mode (not NAZA) so I only have GPS mode from what I understand. Is it possible?

I will be flying inside of a huge building with NOBODY inside. So please, no posts about safety. I am only concerned about how to fly the unit indoors without GPS.

just watch vertical speed is all I could recommend, have flown in couple of indoor sites ... when GPS cant see sky is basically ATTI mode anyway .... so will slide when moving, so you'll need to compensate to stop motion of flight direction ..... you'll have a ball, they sound wicked cool indoors.

Another note - don't fly to close to ceiling. As Vision props are notorious for prop wash on decent, they have the opposite effect near ceilings - you'll get sucked up into it. (Ask me how I know...) Also practice flying in attitude mode as it's highly unlikey as mentioned above you'll be getting much of a GPS signal.

Here's a sample of indoor flight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBMwIhX_Rok

As Gmannz has said if you don't get enough satellites then it will still hold height and orientation, but will move around, especially if you fly close to floors, walls or objects (prop wash bouncing around off things) so expect to have to add some corrective inputs. Don't get too close to ceilings, either - the aerodynamics at play tend to "suck" you onto the ceiling if you get too close!

EDIT: sorry for the cross-post and duplicate information about sucky ceilings... great minds think alike and all that. ;)

EMCSQUAR said:
Another note - don't fly to close to ceiling. As Vision props are notorious for prop wash on decent, they have the opposite effect near ceilings - you'll get sucked up into it. (Ask me how I know...) Also practice flying in attitude mode as it's highly unlikey as mentioned above you'll be getting much of a GPS signal.

Here's a sample of indoor flight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBMwIhX_Rok

Lovin it the Hilton Ballroom ..... :cool:

Ok - I think I understand... Basically I will just fly the P2V like normal and even in GPS mode the unit will automatically default to Attitude mode when there are no satellites. Hopefully I am correct there.

BTW: I have a huge coliseum to fly in. Shouldn't have any issue with getting too close to the roof. I just want to fly around a bit to get used to flying indoors.

Attachments

• a46ca1967b192bd51631c068fc7355dc585d802a.jpg-590x1000.png
    a46ca1967b192bd51631c068fc7355dc585d802a.jpg-590x1000.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 521
ehcropydoc said:
Ok - I think I understand... Basically I will just fly the P2V like normal and even in GPS mode the unit will automatically default to Attitude mode when there are no satellites. Hopefully I am correct there.

BTW: I have a huge coliseum to fly in. Shouldn't have any issue with getting too close to the roof. I just want to fly around a bit to get used to flying indoors.

Yes, you are right. If there are sats to lock on to the aircraft will do so, if there aren't it will just give you the yellow flashes and you'll be flying in atti. Don't forget to show us the video!

Everything worked perfectly. I didn't realize it was that easy to fly indoors. The funny part is that I only lost signal when I got close to the sides of the coliseum. Other than that I had GPS the entire time. Amazing.

Watch one shot I got here (no frills):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFN8Rn7A0C4[/youtube]

You might also watch your video feed to your P2V - there's usually alot of wifi repeaters that might hamper your video feed (2.4ghz) Your Tx control should be ok.

Here's my indoor shoot with no satellites. With DE gimbal + de-fish + warp stabilize: http://youtu.be/0mWhlVLfHds

It's quite fun, you really have to keep on your toes....Atti flying reinforces the notion of " an object in motion will remain in motion"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik