Flying in windy conditions...

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on what is too much wind to fly in? I have a P3P, but am nervous because I am coming from cheaper "toy" quads that could not handle much wind. I have flown my Phantom in about 10 - 15 MPH with no problem. I really want to fly today; however, the wind seems to be heavy and gusting at times.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI recommends not flying in wind speeds greater than 10 m/s (22 MPH).

i've flown in 20-25 mph winds, but it is impossible to get good video.

If you are asking it is probably too windy. I don't fly in more than 15 but that's me. There are folks on here that fly in 20 mph which to me is asking for trouble. I like to fly and feel comfortable putting my bird out a good distance. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that when it's windy.

Reactions: Discoverydave
Remember... winds typically increase with altitude so factor that into your flight plans.

Reactions: Fplvert
I've flown in 25 gusts but it wasn't a pleastant experience. It seemed to fly OK even if the video was slightly jerky in a few spots, but it made me nervous hearing how hard it was struggling. I could only imagine what might happen if a rogue gust hit it and I got the impression that all the motor speed changes might increase the chances of a prop flying off. I'll probably keep it to 15 and under from now on.

Mike

Reactions: Discoverydave
You can risk it, just have one hell of a crash plan and don't plan on smooth video
I've done 20-25mph and it flew fine, video was like being out at sea though

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.