Flying in tight spaces with no GPS - Costa Rica

Reaction score
This shoot was challenging. No GPS signal at low altitude because of the thick jungle surrounding the home and the wind coming off the ocean would make the phantom drift while in ATTI mode. It was definitely fun although I had a few close calls. :shock:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_fralwyqRw[/youtube]

RiverPirate, Costa Rica is not too far from anywhere in the US. Just a 3 hour plane ride from Houston, Dallas or Miami.

AlJames - I sized each shot up carefully before 'diving in' plus I had a few spare props and motors with me in case something went terribly wrong.

Thanks for watching! Come fly Costa Rica.

CostaC

This is a great example of fantastic piloting.
Many people seem to be shooting for height and distance, but I've found its much more of an art when you fly close to things and make your videos so that the viewer pretty much has no idea how it could've been filmed.
Tip of the hat to you, sir.

Fyod, thanks for the kind words!

Zinware - nice video of Tamarindo! That place is awesome. Playa Grande is one of my favorite waves in Costa Rica. The offshore winds make for a fun little barrel!

I agree with you both that getting close adds a dynamic element to videos. I am trying to incorporate these kinds of shots in all my flights and edits.

Paz amigos
CostaC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj