Flying in the middle of the ocean

Reaction score
So my friend invited me for some deep sea fishing this weekend. Looking to catch some Dolphin (mahi mahi). Any ways I will be taking the P3A aboard :)
Could you guys share tips on what to do and not to do trying to maneuver the drone while the boat is moving or just flying away from land.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Consult Irixguy....lol!!!

So my friend invited me for some deep sea fishing this weekend. Looking to catch some Dolphin (mahi mahi). Any ways I will be taking the P3A aboard :)
Could you guys share tips on what to do and not to do trying to maneuver the drone while the boat is moving or just flying away from land.

Clearly understand how Homepoint is set and how it functions.
Pay attention to your RTH actions/settings.
Practice your hand catching.
Avoid any salty spray.

Reactions: Digdat0
Clearly understand how Homepoint is set and how it functions.
Pay attention to your RTH actions/settings.
Practice your hand catching.
Avoid any salty spray.
+1. Be very familiar with all functions of your P3A. Have many flight experience with your P3A (not just like a dozen flights). Know how to react in emergency situations. Otherwise you may face the same fate as Chris_P - My P3P crashed, DJI not cooperating

Depending on your experience you may ask that during takeoff and land the boat is stationary.
When returning maybe back it up to you, i.e. front facing away from you, so left & right is not reversed. Teach someone how to hand catch for you while you pilot.
There's nothing Phantom friendly about flying from boats or around salt water.

Thanks guys! This will actually be my second time [emoji6] taking the drone on the boat. I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything [emoji12]. I pretty much leave all my fear back on land and hope for the best. By the way @N017RW tips are on point.
My first time my friend tried to catch the drone with the boat even at idle and it was quite frustrating.

Let me know what you guys think [emoji6]

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let me know what you guys think [emoji6]

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No dolphin?

:(

;)

Set RC Signal lost to Hover. Monitor your battery % and voltage closely. Know how to hand catch and as was mentioned, have bird facing away from you as you bring it in for catching so that controls are not reversed. Salt water spray is kiss of death to electronics, so keep it out of spray. Take off and retrieve from highest point possible on the boat. Thats about all I can think of.

@impilot51 thanks a lot for the info. [emoji4] keep them coming. Guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31