Flying in or around Boston, MA

Just read through the thread. I am in Needham and looking for maybe a meet-up or group to compare notes? Anyone doing commercial vs just hobby?

Hello i just purchased a Phantom 3 Pro this week looking for people to fly with in the Everett area,also would like to find some good places to fly

Hello! I'm in Canton, MA (20 minutes south of Boston) and am looking for people to fly with. I use litchi for fpv on the phantom 3 standard.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello! from western mass here. I was in boston for the "hemp festival" simply to support my friend's family business (no I did not partake in the activities lol). the festival took place in the Boston Commons. I was able to fly my phantom 3S with no issues in this area. There must have been hundreds of police present as well. I kept my flight below 400ft and just around the park area. People seemed more curious than upset with my flights and answered a bunch of questions from onlookers. with the festival going on my flight couldn't even be heard from above the tree line. I chcked the DJI app for NFZ's which were only highlighted around Logan and Fenway. Hopefully this was alright :/

Just skimmed this thread, and may have missed it, but I haven't seen anything much about the Metrowest area (specifically Sudbury, where I Ilive). Saw a video awhile back of drone footage in winter of the town center - it was amazingly beautiful. Dunno who made that video - haven't been able to find it again. I'd like to hear from other drone hobbyists in this area.

I don't think there is a legal place to fly recreational drones in the entire larger Boston area inside 495 as all private and hospital heliports are considered airports and usually it is impossible to contact anyone responsible for these and if you can they don't want you to fly. Please correct me if I am wrong. Using the FAAs own B4UFly app there seems to be no place in New England at all. Tried to file NOTAMs for some areas as commercial drone operators do and wait what comes back.

I just recently purchased my P4P and I am looking for other flyers in the Boston and surrounding areas who want to get out and fly.

Just skimmed this thread, and may have missed it, but I haven't seen anything much about the Metrowest area (specifically Sudbury, where I Ilive). Saw a video awhile back of drone footage in winter of the town center - it was amazingly beautiful. Dunno who made that video - haven't been able to find it again. I'd like to hear from other drone hobbyists in this area.

Hey Brothers, I grew up in Sudbury, left there 27 years ago but spent first 24 years there. Would love to see some footage of the old town

I will try to take some photos of Sudbury. But right now the weather is not cooperating. Anyplace in particular?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reading through this, looking for folks on the South Shore - though I'd go out to Canton, Attleboro, metro-West, and southern NH. Lots of places to fly without asking for authorization. Tons of G airspace...just have to look for it. Here in Hingham there are lots of large swaths of land right down the coast. Just have to be out of the inner logan B airspace and you're all set. You DO have to keep an eye out for some C and D airspace areas and heliports. But I think there's more out there than folks realize.

If people are reading this soon - it's 10/30/17 - I'm up for getting some foliage shots down by Plymouth, the Cape or even in Hingham/Rockland/Hanover areas. Let me know here or hit me on Twitter @jeffcutler

You guys are braver than I. I pretty much won't fly anywhere near the city. Too congested, too many people and no open areas. The only flying I've ever done in the area was on the north shore over the ocean off season. I have to go up north NH or VT to get my kicks. I've had fly aways with both DJI and Autel products and for that reason alone I wouldn't want these to come down near any roads, houses or people. The tech just is not that solid.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj