Flying in or around Boston, MA

Has anyone ever created / attended a Boston Phantom Meetup?

I know someone is hosting one in Melrose this weekend. It's a camera shop so it might be interesting. Here's the link http://meetu.ps/2DSYW4

I know winter is a bad time to start this but perhaps we could get a group fired up to meet when the warm weather returns.

Any ideas for locations, etc?

Tim here. I live is Douglas but I'm from Woonsocket and have done lots of flying in both areas. Below is a couple of photos taken right after the first snow of the season above Manchaug lake at 2600 ft. The highest I've been able to get it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 609
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 555
I fly in and around Boston a lot. Would love to meet up with anyone to exchange ideas tips and tricks. I live on the south shore - can only look at so much sand and cranberry bogs :) Ping me if interested.

[email protected]

Hey! I just purchased a Phantom and will be using it mainly for video production. I produce an outdoor show and am looking forward to adding this to the lineup. Id like to meet up with anyone around Boston/Arlington area for tips/tricks. Also does anyone around know a retailer or some such? Im not very circuit savvy and dont want to muck about the inside of the drone for gimbal installation. Even if theres someone here who knows how to do it I could pay to do an install?

Boston Logan International Airport (airport code BOS) is New England's largest transportation center located 3 miles across the harbor from downtown Boston. Logan Airport has four terminals, Terminal A, B, C, and E with walk times between Terminals A-C less than 10 minutes. Terminal E services international travelers and provides shuttle buses connecting to the other terminals. Terminals A and C feature Kidport, children's play areas where families can unwind and kids can play while waiting. Rocking chairs are also provided for families with infants. For travel into Boston the Massachusetts Port Authority (MassPort, which also operates the airport) provides public transportation by subway (10 minutes), bus (20 minutes), or water taxi (7 minutes) with free shuttle service to the ferry dock from the airport. Logan offers nonstop service to over 72 domestic locations and 30 international destinations.

Thanks

metro trip planner dc

crogers said:
Hey! I just purchased a Phantom and will be using it mainly for video production. I produce an outdoor show and am looking forward to adding this to the lineup. Id like to meet up with anyone around Boston/Arlington area for tips/tricks. Also does anyone around know a retailer or some such? Im not very circuit savvy and dont want to muck about the inside of the drone for gimbal installation. Even if theres someone here who knows how to do it I could pay to do an install?

man I wish I hadn't missed this post before, I live in NYC but I'm in Boston every 6 weeks or so. If you happen to still need help getting a Phantom built let me know. Since you only have a 1 post count you won't be able to PM on this site until you get your post count up over 5 or 10.

Anyone else in the Boston metro area? Would to go flying at the Arboretum and share tips, knowledge, etc.
I live right next to the Arboretum. I've only flown my phantom 4 or 5 times so haven't braved the Arboretum yet. Sticking mostly to open fields, but feel comfortable enough now. I have flown above Jamaica pond. Nice views.

Just ordered a P2V. I'm in central MA (Holden) never flown before. I live on a farm so I've got room to fly and learn.
Also from Holden and am awaiting the new P3. Have flown an AR2 around Holden Center, but will need practice with P3's control sticks. I Plan to play with simulator quite a bit before any real launches.

Hello. I live in Arlington and have been flying my P2V+ all over the north shore for about a year. My P3 arrives in 2 days from now! I'd love to get together and meet other pilots! Just tell me when and where! All of my aerial pictures are posted on http://dronepics.tumblr.com

I live right next to the Arboretum. I've only flown my phantom 4 or 5 times so haven't braved the Arboretum yet. Sticking mostly to open fields, but feel comfortable enough now. I have flown above Jamaica pond. Nice views.
Hi Brant, I also live right next to the Arboretum in Forest Hills. I'm a new Phantom owner and while I'm pretty safety conscious and have done a lot of reading - it would be great to meet other local Phantom pilots. I'm a big fan of learning from those more experienced than me. Let me know if you want to go flying some time.

I'm on Martha's Vineyard, if you come out this way, send a message.

I'm on Martha's Vineyard, if you come out this way, send a message.

I'm from New Bedford and I was actually pretty curious about the DJI firmware and no fly zones around airports when it comes to MV. Does DJI consider the airport there a no-fly zone? If so I'd imagine it would cover the entire island. I've got a P3 and have already encountered problems with no-fly zones that should not exist. DJI ignores requests regarding them.

Hi all,
We at Helidirect.com/FlyingRobotics.com are looking for a full-time motivated Multirotor Technical Customer Support resource for our new Malden, MA retail store. If you or someone you know interested in joining our team, please contact us at [email protected] or reply here with contact details.
Thanks

I'm in Boston I'd meet up that would be cool I'm down good weather is on its way

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers