Flying in open water tomorrow - locking home point to controller?

Reaction score
Heading out about 40+ miles offshore on a guys fishing trip. I want to get some nice orbit shots, and maybe some follow me, of buddy's new boat. I'm not familiar with a moving home point though...how do I fix this to the controller location in the event I need to engage RTH?

Heading out about 40+ miles offshore on a guys fishing trip. I want to get some nice orbit shots, and maybe some follow me, of buddy's new boat. I'm not familiar with a moving home point though...how do I fix this to the controller location in the event I need to engage RTH?
This is where you set it
i-3rphDVX-L.png

Be aware that it will only set home to the location at the time you reset it - it won't keep updating if you move around.
You do not want to let your Phantom autoland on a boat - always cancel and take over before it lands.
Hand catching is preferred unless you have a very large boat.

You can use the dynamic home point and that may help but on a moving boat it hard for the home point to keep updated. Using dynamic every few seconds it updates the home location.

You can use the dynamic home point and that may help but on a moving boat it hard for the home point to keep updated. Using dynamic every few seconds it updates the home location.
Does the go app have DHP??? I thought they remove it and you now have to tell the bird where you are..

Anyways... if you are using FOLLOW ME on the GO app, the home point is updated regularly. DJI has written it to follow the subject's home point (the GPS enabled smart phone/device).
However, if you are adventurist and wanting do sight seeing, then please read's @Meta4 comments.

I've never seen an option for dynamic home point? details?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic