Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Flying in Mallorca, Spain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by david85williams, Sep 7, 2016.

1. david85williams

Hi all. I want to fly my P4 in Mallorca on holiday next week for non-commercial use only. I'm struggling to find what the rules/regulations are. Has anyone used their drone in Mallorca before or can someone help me find out what the regulations are?

Thanks in advance.

2. MPPilot

A friend in Spain took a look for me. Here is his answer:

Took a quick look-see, and it appears flying a drone in Mallorca could be categorised as a Very Bad Idea – huge fines for flying them just about anywhere, even down to the smallest ones:

Multas de hasta 21.000 euros por volar drones en zonas urbanas

I scanned through the above article, and it looks like precisely the info your friend needs; you can always let Google munch on it and you will probably get a readable version in English.

3. Vaneik

Im spanish and yes, fly overpopulation is prohibited (city, beach with people, near airports, etc), and there are more areas where u cant fly (Red Natura 2000) etc. But if its not comercial, u can fly in the rest of places, the goverment must aprove a new law but....right now we are without a captain.

But everywhere u go, u cant fly more distance than 500m and 120m altitude. Never in night and never without see the dron.

david85williams likes this.
  4. Vaneik

Obviusly, if u have eggs and brain, u can fly in a park faster and run xd. Like this i took in Madrid
    [​IMG]

5. kiteboy

Already answered here!

Flying in Lanzarote

You surely can fly a lot of places just follow the rules and when in doubt just talk with the local authorities in this case Palma government +34971225900

And I also leave you with the DJI GEO zones

[​IMG]

6. david85williams

Thanks for everyones input. Very helpful indeed. I still have a few days to decide but it looks like I will take my drone with me and only fly in the countryside, mountains, and secluded coves etc.

7. david85williams

Thank you for the link. I used Google translate. Basically it talks about no flying in urban areas, airports, etc.