Flying in France

zenoshrdlu said:
According to the article referenced below you need a Licence in France to operate a Phantom or similar aircraft.

http://www.twobirds.com/en/news/article ... oss-the-eu

I don't think that applies for recreational use, however the French privacy laws are stricter so it would be unwise to fly over an area where people would reasonably expect privacy.
As a tourist in a touristy area common sense should apply, for example there was recently some good video uploaded from Mont Saint-Michel.
As an étranger it won't always be easy to judge where is OK - and it would be harder to brush aside objections with a Gallic Shrug.

We are into hunting season now too, so even in a quiet rural area beware of implications if disturbing La Chase.

Ahh don't worry... They might come after you... But will then quickly surrender... [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Calm down its a joke ;)

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to be OK. I want to film my mate's house with no immediate neighbours and in a pretty remote village. Can't see too many people calling the Gendarmes.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj