Flying in Fog

Continued flight in a dense fog would get too wet after a few minutes imo. I flew for 10 min in prob 1/4 visibility and I was never more than 200-300ft away from me. When I landed it was literally dripping wet! Wouldn't want to push it much longer as it will get inside eventually.

Do these things have one of those humidity stickers in them that alert the DJI tech that the thing has gotten wet somewhere, and then they decide to void the warranty?

I've flown it in fog, and yeah, it does drip at the end a bit.

Do these things have one of those humidity stickers in them that alert the DJI tech that the thing has gotten wet somewhere, and then they decide to void the warranty?

I've flown it in fog, and yeah, it does drip at the end a bit.
Good question GMack.

I've flown in minor rain even without issues. Not on purpose, but when it's started raining while I was a bit away.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I don't recommend fog. The bird gets soaked.

I flew in a fog and man......it came back soaked like it took a dip in the sea lol. It's more risky to fly in fog then rain as the rain just hits the outside but fog... That goes easily into the air vents. I didn't have any issues when I did fly in fog even if it was for about 5 mins. But it's one of them "bucket list" to do with a drone. Done it once... No need to do it again... Unless it's a cloud... I have to go through a cloud at some pont lol

1489618889891.jpg

I've been flying in fog several times around 0°C, no problems. Just learn to fly by looking at map.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj