Flying in dowtown Manhattan

Reaction score
Just sharing my experience over the weekend.

Went to Chinatown to help a friend with a music video shoot. Got there around 11:00pm, did a bunch of low level shots, a few higher aerials...some folks looked, one person asked if it was legal...had one NYPD vehicle drive by (slow roll, looking) while I was holding the P3P in my hand along with the controller in the other...they did not stop.

I have the latest firmware update, along with the most recent iOS app. The bird started up and took off no problems/no warnings about NFZ's...though flying in the narrow streets I was going in and out of Atti-mode quite a bit. So be sure in your handling skills, GPS was non existent (tall buildings/narrow streets blocking satellite reception).

Fun, but stressful. I know the law...but as anyone here can attest...it all depends on who you come across. My experience was positive.

All good but why were you trying to hide P3 from eyes of others? Was it to avoid unnecessary questions?

I agree it's not easy to fly when you have tall buildings around.

I wasn't trying to hide it. I grabbed it up out of the street before the copper drove over it...I had it in the middle of the street preparing to take off...saw headlights baring down, went over picked up the P3P and stood there as the NYPD drove by...

I hide from NO ONE. :sunglasses:

Reactions: sonof40
I did it recently -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Was a little hesitant so it was a quick flight.

Reactions: Tricky
You guys have it good!! in the uk we are only allow to film forrest and lakes legally lol, we have to be 150 metre away from the city

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers