Flying in Crimson Skies

Reaction score
Hello all. Just thought i'd share my short film 'Flying in Crimson Skies'
Me and my young family regular walk along Heaven's Gate near Longleat,which where this is filmed.
Heaven's Gate is such a beautiful and calming forrest which i've tried to capture.
Short and sweet, enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/89200317

Really nice. I would like to try some slow-motion myself. I assume you use at least 60fps and then slow in post? Do you mind sharing your workflow?

Andy

acoll123 said:
Really nice. I would like to try some slow-motion myself. I assume you use at least 60fps and then slow in post? Do you mind sharing your workflow?

Andy

Hi Andy
Thanks for the kind comment. Yes i can share my workflow.
First i set my Gopro to film at 720p and 120fps. It has to be 720p for the higher frame rate. I'm aware the new Gopro 4 is 1080p at 120fps and 240fps at 720 which will be AMAZING.
Next i export the footage and slow it down in Go pro studio as its the easiest and slickest way. I think it is slowed down to 23fps? Any further and it would get choppy and crap. Any slower i may use Twixtor but you have to be careful because it can look 'Twixtored'
I do no further work in Gopro studio, so its exported (at best quality) too Final Cut pro X where it is imported as a Proxie file so its easy to work with.
Here i start to be 'creative' and paint a picture as they say. (i'm an artist/graphic designer in my day job so i think it rubs off from there) I like to tell short story's and keep them tight and sweet as i personally find a lot of ariel footage quite ...dull. Colour correction, text, and bits and bobs. May also do some work in AE or Apple Motion for a specific look etc. Exported out to Vimeo. Done.
Hope this helps.

Thanks
Interestingly the New Gopro 4 can now film at 120fps at 1080p so along with the new 3D Zenmuse it's going to be happy days!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik