Flying in Class C airspace under a shelf

Reaction score
I am a licensed pilot with an Inspire Drone 1. I have been asked to fly in class C airspace, in an area clearly marked on the aeronautical chart as having a shelf starting at $1,500 feet on up.. The location is well away from "from the surface to ....." MSL. So under FAA regs, I can clearly fly in this location, BUT I am worried that once I get to the location, my bird will not take off because of DJI programming that detects I am within class C airspace and close to the 5 mile area around an airport. How can I check this out before driving to the location and what action can I take if there is a programming restriction?

Last edited:
Hi,

I take off in a class C airspace nearly all the time. It should be the same in the States.The Go app advises me of this and tells asks if I take full responsibility, to which I confirm and then I take off.

However, things might be different across the 'pond' but I should'nt think so.

Reactions: danielbackward
I operate sometimes within a Class D airspace that reverts to G on weekends. DJI Go just gives me a prompt, and I just click that I understand I'm in controlled airspace (even though I'm not) and that I take responsibility.

Welcome to the forum :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1