Flying in Beavers Bend State Park

Reaction score
I'd like to fly my drone in beavers bend state park this month. I contacted the park and I received this email:

Please read this email and use for future reference. Our park adopted federal guidelines regarding Drone / UAV use inside our parks, and the US Army corps of engineers has a similar policy. A portion of the park is actually on corps of engineers land. Therefore, operation of UAV's or drones inside our park boundaries is prohibited.

Are these rules accurate? I'm not sure why UAV flight is prohibited if only some land is managed by COE.

Their land and their rules. More and more parks are becoming NFZs and I fear it is going to become city wide soon with that U.S. Senate bill floating about giving states more control of drones. Some parks which seem open to sUAV's leave it up to the discretion of the supervisor who often says "No" without recourse.

They may bend the rules if you pay and apply for a permit as with most national parks. Could be very costly though, and a very slow approval process. Last time I filed for a commercial permit in a national forest the bill got up to $2,200 for three hours which included a ranger to oversee it and it took about 4-5 months too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4