Flying in a wildlife "preserve" ?

Contact the preserve if you have any doubts.

I was able to find the website for this particular reserve/preserve.. It's run by the county (wasnt sure who's jurisdiction it was in). The website has a rules/regulations section, and it says nothing about drones, model airplanes, UAVs, or anything above the ground.. So I assume i'm good.

So instead of going into the preserve, I went to a giant (probably 1 mile by 1 mile or more) empty area, just a few blocks from the preserve.. After I was done flying and walking back to the Jeep a Sherrif pulls up and asks if that's my Jeep parked at the entrance and tells me I cant park there and can't be in the area because it's private property.. Then he says "why don't you just go up to the preserve and fly there?" :-0

I contact the local preserve in my area. No response. I then read up on this nature preserve and found they use Phantom 2's to survey the area. Now, just because they use drones don't mean the general public can, right? /shrug

I decided not to fly in the preserve at this time due to all the birds resting up for the winter (Nor. Cal). Drones are latest tool in conservation science

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.