Flying from the car?

Here is my go at flying while being a passenger :) I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. Flying LOS is much easier (even while flying it backwards while the quad is in front of the Jeep) compared to trying to use my tablet for FPV. Plus the dirt road made it too bouncy! ha

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Only if the toilet is NOT moving!!

:rolleyes:
If the Johnny Crapper is sitting still, you aren't doing it right.
Heck, I can rock the block... With my explosive rumblers...
Usually on Taco Tuesday! Oh-no... Not today!! ;-)

RedHotPoker

LOL Okay I thought this was classic! Spot on good sir, spot on!

I sometimes fly under the hatch of my SUV. Sometimes so I can get shade from the sun/see or just to give me an area to sit at. I haven't gotten any ill effects from doing such.

(just popped like photo)
0cc9ae57.jpg
Woops, looks like your truck, has/had a small leak. Hahaha
And I see a guilt complex look, in the eyes of the culprit.

RedHotPoker

Here is my go at flying while being a passenger :) I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. Flying LOS is much easier (even while flying it backwards while the quad is in front of the Jeep) compared to trying to use my tablet for FPV. Plus the dirt road made it too bouncy! ha

Really nice footage. What do you mean by Flying LOS?

Did you use follow mode or just flew manually with the sticks?

That did turn out well, looks like an advanced follow me in some shots.
did some smooth gimball pans there too...
the flying backwards facing the car is cool

Man, those are some serious flying skills. That is advanced navigating going on there. I'd have to guess you had some sort of follow me working for you with those framed shots and pans? If not my friend, kudos. You made it look easy and make no mistake about it, it's extremely challenging what went on there. High speed precise flying is not easy.

How many hours on the Phantom platforms AZ?

SD

Reactions: MichaelR

That is some skilful flying dude..!
Did u use follow me at any point during that footage?

Imagine an “outsider” observing the quad following your car at night…
-
“OMG there’s a “drone” following that car. Maybe it’s the feds getting ready to fire a mini air-to-ground missile at him. I wonder if they already have a “target lock” on that perp. Quick, get out your phone and film this… “
-
LOL !

Thanks guys!

Really nice footage. What do you mean by Flying LOS?

Did you use follow mode or just flew manually with the sticks?

Line of sight (LOS). I found it easier to fly it by watching from in front of the jeep compared to flying it with the tablet (FPV) while it was behind the jeep.

I only used P mode, so it was all manual flying in P mode.

Man, those are some serious flying skills. That is advanced navigating going on there. I'd have to guess you had some sort of follow me working for you with those framed shots and pans? If not my friend, kudos. You made it look easy and make no mistake about it, it's extremely challenging what went on there. High speed precise flying is not easy.

How many hours on the Phantom platforms AZ?

SD

Ya, it was all luck with flying manually. Thanks! I have had my Phantom for about 5 weeks. Although, I have always been into RC car racing and whatnot, so I got comfortable pretty fast.

That is some skilful flying dude..!
Did u use follow me at any point during that footage?

Nope, just me :)

What an awesome vid!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic