Flying from inside house or car anyone?

windsurfers
Thanks for the quick reply. Excuse my ignorance but what do they do? I'm curious as I thought it was a range extender set up. Your footage appeared way beyond the 3 mile parameter of the P4. I've not had the courage to fly long distances.

Windsurfers simply redirect all of your signal from your RC antennas forward towards your bird. It reflects all signal forward rather than letting it travel in 360º, this can result in increased range as more signal is sent to your Phantom letting you fly further.

Phantom 4 is a beast. Just hit a little over 23,000 this morning. 4.3 miles away with 37 percent remaining with this setup. Defiantly need a calmer day to go any further. Its so good to hear the props and the return after that kind of flight

Attachments

• 20160418_114843.jpg
    20160418_114843.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 845
Yesterday I was sitting on a park bench at Sandy Point State Park when a cruise ship happened by. From nearly 3 miles away I sitting comfortably on the bench doing this...

Nice video. Yes windsurfers defiantly work and a good option to not have to mod your remote.

Windsurfers simply redirect all of your signal from your RC antennas forward towards your bird. It reflects all signal forward rather than letting it travel in 360º, this can result in increased range as more signal is sent to your Phantom letting you fly further.
Thanks for the heads up. Cheers

Jeremiah Nelson - Awesome setup
BriRi - thanks for pointing me to the specific antenna
dewster - the feed on your nav screen is too cool

So here is the antenna:
2.4 GHz 8.5 dBi Omni Antenna w/ Magnetic Mount - 10ft N-Female Connector - HG2409MGU-NF

I just ordered the itelite with clean install kit from Maxx UAV.

I am not sure if my assumptions are correct or not, but here I go:
I can unscrew the itelite from the terminals and this one will screw directly in?
(Could I leave on one of the leads for the itelite screwed in?)

This will work better amplified but will also work amplified.

Can anyone shed more light on this?

Thanks!

I read about a guy mirroring his DJI Go feed to AppleTV and I live in a location where I could fly from my living room inside my house as I look out over a nice large area. I wonder how things would work if I tried mirroring to my TV and watching the feed there as I fly?

I like that !!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
What was your range? It didn't look that good? ( the setup was intriguing tho)
I have an alpine with a huge 8" display, it has the extra input for aux, that's a good idea!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I read about a guy mirroring his DJI Go feed to AppleTV and I live in a location where I could fly from my living room inside my house as I look out over a nice large area. I wonder how things would work if I tried mirroring to my TV and watching the feed there as I fly?
It would work I believe I read the same thing.

Either will work. My dji matrice 100 does excellent without amps. The p4 seems to lose control signal first and that's the opposite of the p3. Today I used the inspire 1 remote with 3w amps on the p4 and the omnies and it did great. Flew 3 miles 20ft off the ground never a drop out even behind trees. I think it must be because the p4 remote has less output power. However, the 20,000ft flight was with the p4 remote. I will try again with the inspire 1 remote. Don't know how much further I can go. I landed at 9 percent battery but the wind was against me that day. I will be back with more data in better conditions.

So J your saying that even boosted (both units) you see a difference between the remotes? Wow I thought the boosters would take the output of the TX out of the equation? Plus, the P4 TX is supposed to be tuned a little better (by 3db according to DJI) so technically the P4 boosted should be better right?

I too want to go on record here, there's enough other topics here that anyone can have a negative opinion about, if you feel you've GOT to state your opinion, it's a forum, and I believe in free speech, the first, second and forth amendments are equally important to me.

I'm not going to even mention the topics I don't agree with, not my style, but I see no difference, as long as your proficient enough to fly FPV, and do, what the heck is the difference as long as your not flying over people or restricted areas?
You can fly perfectly safe within the "guidelines" except maybe you don't have eyes on the craft. I have to be honest, I'm not a big long distance guy, and can usually see my aircraft, but at least 40% of my flights it's not in eyesight do to trees, mostly trees. Now there is another thing to be said. A couple really. J seems to be quite a decent pilot and critical thinker. I'd venture to say his setup is safer, yes safer then a guy who's flying a phantom 1,2 or 3,4 or an inspire on a regular setup who is pushing the limits with a stock setup and loses signal often, where J has control at all times due to the boosted signal, high end antenna, and the height he's put into the system.
I for one appreciate the amount of time he's had to put in, without someone to help him

So J your saying that even boosted (both units) you see a difference between the remotes? Wow I thought the boosters would take the output of the TX out of the equation? Plus, the P4 TX is supposed to be tuned a little better (by 3db according to DJI) so technically the P4 boosted should be better right?

Idk with all the rumors going around and I am new to all this too. From what I understand the control output on the p4 remote is less but the output is stronger on the bird side. Ive used all the remotes p3, p4 inspire 1 all with good results

I too want to go on record here, there's enough other topics here that anyone can have a negative opinion about, if you feel you've GOT to state your opinion, it's a forum, and I believe in free speech, the first, second and forth amendments are equally important to me.

I'm not going to even mention the topics I don't agree with, not my style, but I see no difference, as long as your proficient enough to fly FPV, and do, what the heck is the difference as long as your not flying over people or restricted areas?
You can fly perfectly safe within the "guidelines" except maybe you don't have eyes on the craft. I have to be honest, I'm not a big long distance guy, and can usually see my aircraft, but at least 40% of my flights it's not in eyesight do to trees, mostly trees. Now there is another thing to be said. A couple really. J seems to be quite a decent pilot and critical thinker. I'd venture to say his setup is safer, yes safer then a guy who's flying a phantom 1,2 or 3,4 or an inspire on a regular setup who is pushing the limits with a stock setup and loses signal often, where J has control at all times due to the boosted signal, high end antenna, and the height he's put into the system.
I for one appreciate the amount of time he's had to put in, without someone to help him

Appreciate that I am just trying to learn and try new things different than the norm. I do think it is a safer way to do long distance because with omnies you always have signal and don't have to aim your remote. For the record I am no expect by any means. This time last year I didn't even know what a phantom was or what it even did lol.

Reactions: The Ghost
Hey guys, If you are planning on doing this spend the money and get the l-coms. I tested a smaller set that used the antennas that come with the suhans amps. It works ok. But nothing like the l coms. If you want to piddle around the cheap ones will be fine and you will get ok distance line of sight. Penetration completely sucks with the cheap ones.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj