Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Thank Ian. I do wish to point out something in the United States though. While I don't "condone" this type of flying, what some people are incorrectly referring to as "laws" in the United States are specifically "guidelines". They are recommendations, and it is technically NOT illegal, at least in the United States to fly beyond line of sight, at night, or over 400 feet.

Thank Ian. I do wish to point out something in the United States though. While I don't "condone" this type of flying, what some people are incorrectly referring to as "laws" in the United States are specifically "guidelines". They are recommendations.

The FAA doesn't agree with your assessment. And this line of discussion is OFF TOPIC. Enough.

Why dont you just come out and say report me?

That's for them to decide. I am simply providing information. Like I said, I don't condone your activities but I am not here to police them.

Jeremiah,
Don't let the Internet Drone police get to you. They obviously don't have anything better to do.

I really like your setup. Gonna get something similar I think.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anyone who is interested just ask. I am not here to argue but to help others who have legitimate uses for this. Despite what naysayers say u will not be arrested for flying from inside your car. Could you be? Probably. But unlikely. Cops are eager to watch from experience.

I was filming last week and the sheriff's were called... ended up talking about short course rc trucks.

Jeremiah,
Don't let the Internet Drone police get to you. They obviously don't have anything better to do.

I really like your setup. Gonna get something similar I think.

Cool man thanks! Feel free to reach out if u need any help.

Reactions: Raeq and Ramphex
J,
Is this the antenna with N-female connector you are using to plug into your amps?

ba9bb7cf36ba933276e31bb888755d01.jpg

Thanks in advance.

The FAA doesn't agree with your assessment. And this line of discussion is OFF TOPIC. Enough.

Yes thats the one the n connector is for the antenna at magnetic base. There is an sma at the end of the 10ft extension. Plug that directly into your amps or remote without maps.

That's for them to decide. I am simply providing information. Like I said, I don't condone your activities but I am not here to police them.
Well in a passive aggressive way yes you did just police by sharing a link to report. Thats good info tho guess i will grab some dinner and see who knocks on my door.
J,
Is this the antenna with N-female connector you are using to plug into your amps?

ba9bb7cf36ba933276e31bb888755d01.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Well, jeez, as I am just a hobbiest, I think the OP is thinking outside the box, and pretty innovative to be honest. So, if indeed I bought a couple of these cool magnetic based antenna's, couldn't they just be used say outside in my back yard? They could be set up quite a bit higher then I stand, and two of these up at say 15' above the ground, wouldn't they work better then a DBS mod (the $109 one)?

Avoiding any of the policing opinions and all of that, I'd like to try these antennas in just the regular setting, outside or, in my rzr with the top off, out 4X4ing these would sit right on the roll cage, without doors or glass, I doubt I'm breaking a single recommendation, basically I'm using the rzr as a place to sit, in the wide open.

Well, jeez, as I am just a hobbiest, I think the OP is thinking outside the box, and pretty innovative to be honest. So, if indeed I bought a couple of these cool magnetic based antenna's, couldn't they just be used say outside in my back yard? They could be set up quite a bit higher then I stand, and two of these up at say 15' above the ground, wouldn't they work better then a DBS mod (the $109 one)?

Avoiding any of the policing opinions and all of that, I'd like to try these antennas in just the regular setting, outside or, in my rzr with the top off, out 4X4ing these would sit right on the roll cage, without doors or glass, I doubt I'm breaking a single recommendation, basically I'm using the rzr as a place to sit, in the wide open.

Lol nope straight to jail for you!

I cant comment if its better or not. For me with these omni antennas I can go out to the country side and explore around in my car and the range so far has been 20,000ft plus. Both fpvlr and dbs are great I have both. When I first did this with my house a year ago I never used the directional again and ive exceeded their range but only because I put most of my time and energy flying inside and beating previous dbs and fpvlr setups. I do think the directional will go farther but my range already exceeds battery

That's an interesting concept... Not sure I'd do it, not because of the rules interpretation, but because I'm too chicken to fly $1500 that far away from me. What made you decide to go through the effort of setting this up to begin with? Was it the comfort of sitting in the car with a/c (being in Florida, that I can understand)?

I do find it odd what topics the drone police seem to jump in on. I mean there's an entire discussion just a few down from this one dedicated to how far you can fly. I didn't see a single call out or reporting link posted in that discussion... Of course that discussion was started by a vendor who is a "regular" here.

Jeremiah, maybe a few thousand more posts and you will be free to discuss the gray areas...

That's an interesting concept... Not sure I'd do it, not because of the rules interpretation, but because I'm too chicken to fly $1500 that far away from me. What made you decide to go through the effort of setting this up to begin with? Was it the comfort of sitting in the car with a/c (being in Florida, that I can understand)?

I do find it odd what topics the drone police seem to jump in on. I mean there's an entire discussion just a few down from this one dedicated to how far you can fly. I didn't see a single call out or reporting link posted in that discussion... Of course that discussion was started by a vendor who is a "regular" here.

Jeremiah, maybe a few thousand more posts and you will be free to discuss the gray areas...

I think those people are just more susceptible to the conditioning stimuli the news media pumps out. Also, some of these people are hit so hard with fluoride, gmos, chemical and radiological contaminants they don't even know what hit them lol. Let them post away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav