Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Got my IT-24 rf tester. Wow, it's.... scientific alright. Reading the manual.

It's these 2 guys fault I have a tube-o-parts and not a completed Phantom...lol
Are the big gloves "Catchers mitts" for a 100mph wayward drone?

I didn't get the star washers over a year ago when I bought the cable mod. I did get some later on with other cables for other projects. I think the best practice will be hot gluing the star washers to the SMA shaft base, then use either star or lock washer on the outside, cinching it down and hot gluing the shaft base to the controller inside the controller body. The glue is easy enough to remove if needed, and will hold the shaft in place.
P1060828.JPG

Are the big gloves "Catchers mitts" for a 100mph wayward drone?
LMAO.. and a tow strap in case 1 breaks down :O
Trust me, if it fly's it will break!! Rare to have 2 of my 4 Quads operational @ 1 time..

Reactions: JohnnyB
I have my new one still in it's box hiding in a closet. My break down back up.

Got the new SMA's installed. Here is the readings. There WAS an improvement. I am hoping my next antenna test will be much better...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Got the new SMA's installed. Here is the readings. There WAS an improvement. I am hoping my next antenna test will be much better...
Nice to know the immersion isn't as much of a piece of crap people says it is. :) Thanks for the comparison.

It is not substandard. The IT-24 seems to be agreeing. The IT-24 has a better display but the numbers are what's important.

It is not substandard. The IT-24 seems to be agreeing. The IT-24 has a better display but the numbers are what's important.
This is what you need. I should have one if I get an offer letter for my new job this week!
1492354289222.jpg

This one belongs to my buddy already working where I'm trying to get on. In that picture it was hooked to an antenna in a Secret Service car installed in the bumper. Good times. Notice the frequency they use.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Did a cable length test to see what loss would occur. Surprised at the numbers.

This is what you need. I should have one if I get an offer letter for my new job this week!View attachment 80595
This one belongs to my buddy already working where I'm trying to get on. In that picture it was hooked to an antenna in a Secret Service car installed in the bumper. Good times. Notice the frequency they use.
Looks good. Now I have to gouge my eyes out cause I've seen the secret services freq. Hope you get the job you want.

Reactions: Extra330
Killer testing! Following
I'm highly encouraged by the results. Replacing the controller output SMA's did the trick I think. No wonder I was having video cutout like I did.

This is the highest power I've been able to transmit so far. 22.5 db, 180mw.

L com on 40 foot FVPLR 4 watt. 10 feet LMR-240 to controller

JohnnyB had asked me to test this amp: L com 8.5db on 40ft LMR-400 RF linx 1.5 watt

Last test of the day on my new 15 db "Base ball bat" antennas.

Well, changing the SMA connectors fixed the problems completely!! Only normal video feed loss from multiple trees and buildings. I was able to fly out to over 9,000ft this time. Trees covered that direction so I had to turn back. It also started to rain. I was then able to get low to the ground under 10ft.on the way back in.(Low close to home). So twisted SMA connectors are definatly a NO GO condition. Will post the video shortly. (I'm gonna marry my 15db "Bats")

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31