Flying from Australia to Europe

Reaction score
I will be flying from Australia to Europe through Korea stopover for a night. I am really worried that they will not let me check my P3 in the official DJI backpack on board. Any experiences? I fly Korean Air.

Thanks!

I don't think you will have any problems. Just make sure all you batteries are with you in your carry on. It can also help to put them in clear plastic bags to isolate the contacts. If security are really paranoid, they may class your carbon fiber props as weapons!!! So if you have these, place in your luggage.
Don't include any screw drivers or other small tools in the backpack.

I am really worried that they will not let me check my P3 in the official DJI backpack on board.
They see Phantoms all the time at airports now and hardly care because they aren't on their list of contraband items.
They are only interested in finding items on their list, dangerous things like a Leatherman or a pair of nail clippers.
Don't fly the Phantom in the plane and you'll be fine.

My son flew last week from UK to Australia and back with no issues. He flew emirates.

They see Phantoms all the time at airports now and hardly care because they aren't on their list of contraband items.
They are only interested in finding items on their list, dangerous things like a Leatherman or a pair of nail clippers.
Don't fly the Phantom in the plane and you'll be fine.

Flying from Australia to Europe??? Be sure to use your windsurfers and start with a full battery!

;):p

Thanks guys! Should I bother buying a LiPo case for a spare battery or is it not required? Thanks

Not international, but I just flew with my P3P and four batteries, all as carry on, from Atlanta (world's busiest airport) to Boston, round trip. No issues at all. In Atlanta they didn't blink. In Boston, they did a standard swab. And the guy who did the swab was so fascinated, in a good way, that he asked a lot of intelligent questions about buying one and flying it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.