Flying for real estate photography

One other thought on real estate photography, don't go on trash day or you may be photoshopping out trash bins and black plastic bags at the curb- :lol:
good luck on your endeavor

Chuckling again. Out here in the Dust Devil Capital, nearly every day is trash-bin day.

Paper or plastic?

No matter. It blows from pick-up beds with equal loft and destination.

Morning to All:

RodgerB
Photos are all natural. Just like they came out of the GoPro. I know I need to become familiar with Photoshop and learn how to get the best out of the shots that I take and make use of filters/highlights etc. Am trying to learn as I go and as I get a little more stick time and can position myself for a shot quicker as well as making the best out of the angle of the sun, hopefully I will be able to work with a better photo from the beginning.

EliasD
Thanks for the info on the Vortex Ring State. Going to read up on that today. Good tip on going slightly horizontal. As it happens, I had some people watching me and wanting to learn all about the quad. I was telling them how stable it is on GPS, and wanted them to see it a little closer, so brought it down. That's when I lost some control, and it had a hard landing right in front of everyone !! I can imagine them saying to themselves "This is stable flying?" Needless to say I had the full range of emotion instantaneously.. Wondering what happened, fear of bad crash, loss of equipment, mad at myself, embarrassed because of how stable I said it was and so on.. Thankfully the only thing that flew out/off was the battery.

I will blame the vortex ring state on the wind circling around the one tree we still have in town !! ha ha

Fastsmiles
You hit it right on the head.. I was doing a real estate shoot for a friend of mine and we took some good shots I thought.. Got back to the house and sure enough.. There was a roll-a-round trash container right in front of the driveway. We never noticed it because we parked along the side street and flew from there. Guess that one tree blocked it from view too !!

Cloudbuster
Post some of the photos you are taking of the preserve

BPatty,
LOL, yeah, blame the poor lone tree. ;)

Good luck in your endeavors. :D

This was me teasing my cat while doing a short flight, the winds were too bad out in the open so I really didn't take it above the trees. http://youtu.be/Lo4DImhJWKw
Its a bit shaky because I had to work around a big holly tree & I didn't want to nick the house siding, with some small wind gusts I wanted to play it safe. :lol: But its good training, the cat is at the end.

bpatty said:
Morning to All:

RodgerB
Photos are all natural. Just like they came out of the GoPro. I know I need to become familiar with Photoshop and learn how to get the best out of the shots that I take and make use of filters/highlights etc. Am trying to learn as I go and as I get a little more stick time and can position myself for a shot quicker as well as making the best out of the angle of the sun, hopefully I will be able to work with a better photo from the beginning.

EliasD
Thanks for the info on the Vortex Ring State. Going to read up on that today. Good tip on going slightly horizontal. As it happens, I had some people watching me and wanting to learn all about the quad. I was telling them how stable it is on GPS, and wanted them to see it a little closer, so brought it down. That's when I lost some control, and it had a hard landing right in front of everyone !! I can imagine them saying to themselves "This is stable flying?" Needless to say I had the full range of emotion instantaneously.. Wondering what happened, fear of bad crash, loss of equipment, mad at myself, embarrassed because of how stable I said it was and so on.. Thankfully the only thing that flew out/off was the battery.

I will blame the vortex ring state on the wind circling around the one tree we still have in town !! ha ha

Fastsmiles
You hit it right on the head.. I was doing a real estate shoot for a friend of mine and we took some good shots I thought.. Got back to the house and sure enough.. There was a roll-a-round trash container right in front of the driveway. We never noticed it because we parked along the side street and flew from there. Guess that one tree blocked it from view too !!

Cloudbuster
Post some of the photos you are taking of the preserve

Good for you on learning the software aspect of it as it's pretty important so good job.

It's crazy how aerial photography is going the same way as photography in that most buy an expensive camera then open a photography business. But there is a LOT more to it as you mentioned than just taking some pictures. Learning the software takes time and a good investment.

Bravo. A skillful pilot, combined with clever editing delivers a visually arresting video product.

I aspire to the standard you just set for semi-suburban real estate aerial photography. Jolly well done.

A realtor contacted me about taking some "of those really cool photos" for her listing(s). I figured it might be worthwhile to give it a try. What do you guys usually provide (stills or video), and what's the going rate per property?

Thanks in advance.

Ohary, not trying to hose you off but the cost is tied directly to what the market will bear. Maybe this market research will help:

(1.) A chopper flight here in Texas will run you $1,200-$1,750 an hour. To that, the client must add the service provider's travel time and expenses, plus the cost of a photographer;

(2.) I have not seen much photography from unmanned aerial vehicles offered in Texas. The services I have seen, however, appear to charge +/- $300-$750 a day, plus expenses.

As the equipment price stabilizes and becomes even more intuitive, I expect an increase in the number of pilots shooting photos or vids. In that event, cost that pilots could charge would freeze, maybe even go down. This eventuality, pending government intervention, may be a couple years downstream.

I'm just now tuning up to offer the service through my website (sportsandoutdoors.guru). At present, I would charge zero ($0).

Once I earn my stripes, however, my rate will be $400-$450/day, with the understanding the client can soften the blow by piggybacking his shoot with a friend of his, or a client of mine. Also, with advance planning, a pilot can fly multiple sites the same geographic area, in the same day, which I think would be exciting. A regular client requesting multiple flights, of course, would merit a lower rate.

I, too, would be interested to see/hear what other pilots know on the topic.

I've been very interested in doing this as well, just not sure how to get things started. I'm very experienced with video editing so that's a plus, but I still feel like I need a few more things before I get started such as extra batt., props, and maybe even an extra tablet so the customers can enjoy the fpv as an extra perk while I'm doing my thing.

Trying to cut down on editing time in Premiere pro CS6 regarding white balance in manual video

Using Panasonic GH3 for slider work & pans.

Using Expodisc for photos and even slider video, we shoot back toward from subject to where the shot will be taken from..

What I don't understand, is how do we use Expodisc when panning from a room to the windows or vise versa?

Seems I have to accept blown out windows in favor of correct exposure for the room, but would like to improve on WB

http://www.expoimaging.com/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.