Flying for Profit

Reaction score
I apologize if there posts aren't allowed here, if it isn't allowed lmk and I'll delete it

I want to fly and make money. Yes I'm one of those people, I bought a Phantom 3 Pro with the intention of turning it into a job. Sorry if this seems rude but I've noticed a bit of animosity twoard people who want to do this. Also yes I know I have to pass the FAA part107 and am working on it

That being said, please no negative comments. I'm just looking for advice to help me make something i like doing into a source of income, or at least enough to fuel the hobby...

Anyway, my background:
Other than maybe 10 hours flying time total over like 3 years, just messing around with them...
I have no idea about photography other than push a button... I can fly OK but still nervous(to me a lot of money in the air)

I guess I'm just wondering, after I pass my part107, what next? Is it even worth it? Is the market open enough to make a full time job out of it? I don't know anyone around my area to ask and I'm pretty sure anyone else doing it will try and discourage me from it(competition)

Idk, just jotting my thoughts maybe someone knows what I'm going though...

Its a nice idea to want to make money from a hobby, many people have set up a business doing it.
You need to get some experience at photography and the likes before you even consider it.
Plus, if you look around there are quite a few established firms doing it, so competition will be stiff

Reactions: PhanTim
I've subscribed to drone u, a YouTube channel that gives you all you want to know about using your drone for business. Check them out.

The first thing you need to do is to get plenty of practice flying so that you don't have to think about what you're doing, and it becomes automatic like driving a car. That should make you less nervous.
From what you've said, you don't have much idea about the photographic side of things....If you're going to try and make some money with your drone, you're going to need to need to be able to produce good quality stills and videos -(and know how to edit them)- , so you'd better start learning!

Then you've got business plans/pricing structure/competition/backup equipment etc. etc. to think about.....A lot of people have the dream of making money with their drone, but for most of them, it just stays as a dream! ;):(

I 2nd the suggestion for Gold Seal.... a better and more comprehensive course you will not find.

There is a HUGE difference between setting up a profitable long term business and a side gig that pays some $$ here and there. Most people are a little shocked what it takes to make a self sustaining business that can weather the good times and bad. At first everyone see's $$ signs and wants to get rich/retire etc but that's usually NOT the case.

You'll want to set up the Corp side of things, define your accounting side, arrange insurance, business name, logo, and so much more. What you really want to do is spend the time and effort to develop a detailed and comprehensive Business Plan. This will teach you so much about your industry, your market, and your competition.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik