Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Flying drones near stadiums could end in jail time

Discussion in 'News' started by CactusJackSlade, Oct 29, 2014.

1. CactusJackSlade

Although my concerns would be safety issues.... the sports authority is worried about "diminished value of the TV broadcast".... and so this new "regulation" pops right up..... it's about the money, as usual

(Yet on the other hand they want to be able to use them to record practices and other events themselves)

http://news.yahoo.com/flying-drones-nea ... nance.html

2. CactusJackSlade

3. birdheezy

There are also temporary flight restrictions around active stadiums that prohibits flight of unauthorized aircraft... Aka nothing is allowed to fly near a n active stadium except for those with special permission

4. eckoner

There should be. I should not be able to fly over any sporting event especially if TV right have been paid for by some broadcaster.
    Not to mention is simply is not safe for everyone with a UAV to be doing it. If your licensed and and "Permitted" to do it that's different.

This is why we need very clear regulation and requirements of licensing any UAV that perhaps flys higher than 200ft or something.
    I can see them put in "classes" a Class A UAV perhaps would be one like a Pahntom

Class "B" perhaps a parrot AR or crapier...and so on.