Flying Drone Anxiety

Reaction score
Just got my P3S and I have really no issue to report about, besides I get anxiety flying the drone to high or over water or to far away or from a high up location.
I know is silly, but curious if anybody else went thought this :).

Reactions: Azmopic
Same here. I had many crashes with my P2 but when I started flying my new P3 I got really nervous for at least the first 15 flights and then you start getting a little confidence. I think it's the cost of this hobby running through your mind realizing you could crash at any moment. Have fun.

Reactions: JBJO and Azmopic
I am a new to my P3A and have experienced major stress when too high or too far. How far is too far??? I experienced an auto land via low battery and
was quite stunned by the aircraft response and auto repositioning/relocation to the Home launch location.

Same here. I had many crashes with my P2 but when I started flying my new P3 I got really nervous for at least the first 15 flights and then you start getting a little confidence. I think it's the cost of this hobby running through your mind realizing you could crash at any moment. Have fun.
Nice nice to know that's normal

I would worry if you didn't have stress. Let's face it, you have quite a bit invested in this thing and some times things go wrong. Every time I take off I have a little voice saying did you check this or that and after it's up and flying and everything seems good I'll settle down but it's normal. I've flown everything from planes to quads and I don't think that you ever really get over that feeling but you do learn to control it as your confidence grows. Time and practice are key to this hobby and as the experience grows you feel better.

Using my Droid for GoAp, and as compressed a view as it provides, once the vehicle is 200 ft away, image on screen, combined with
my visual perspective (where the hell is it?) makes for a heightened BP, I honestly think a BP cuff should accompany any data stream
taken on flight profiles. My 2 cents. The vids of the over water sustained flights were stressful and amazing to watch -right up until operator on shore in
lawn chair finally comes into view.

I got my first in November a few days before turkeyday and still can't bring myself to let it out of my eyesight.

You can still have fun with this even if you don't let it out of your sight. I remember the first time I did FPV. That was a scary time for me but now it's not so bad. I really only use it now for the quad racer's that I have because I like a bigger screen to get that really nice shot setup. I'm new to this site but everyone here so far seems to be really nice and they seem eager to help.... I wanted everyone that's here to know that.

Reactions: Mediacj and Azmopic
Had my first "flight" today. Weather wasn't great so I took it downstairs to the basement and practiced taking off, hovering a foot off the ground, and manually landing. Feel you with the stress of flying. Excited to get it in an open field but still slightly freaked it about it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't dare fly in the house with the P3.... I have other drones that I do that with. Not enough space and I have low ceilings... Not to mention 2 big dogs and one is a puppy that has already broke my little hubsan.

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
Nervous? Doesn't quite fit the bill. Took mine out of the box, put everything together, started it up and then checked everything out with the props off. This was in September and we were heading out for vacation, everything worked perfect. We left and I put it away for a couple days. Next, while on the road, I updated it to 1.3.2 and then on to 1.4.1. The battery was in, the props were on, I was ready to fly for the first time with everything up to 1.4.1... The camera wasn't working and it said "No Signal" on the tablet... So I had a black tablet and took off anyway, it was flying ok, I just didn't have a camera. Then It lost signal and went into RTH and I was maybe 30 feet away and 20' off of the ground... I had already practiced with a cheap drone and knew better then to bother with beginner mode, so I thru it into atti and brought it down. I came on here again and had been watching for months before I was ready to buy and had been asking questions. So I had 1.3.2 on the 16g card that came with the drone and downgraded everything back to 1.3.2 the next day. And everything worked great, the first actual 100% working flight went great and I got some wonderful footage for the first time... Or I would have if I had remembered to turn on the camera :) So for a couple days with problems, I felt really alone, Nervous? Nahh... I was a pucker'ín hard. When I finally got it in the air, I got the Phantom 3 Feeling Good Buzz for the first time and fell in love. It's been 4 months and I have a ton of footage and movies to finish :)

Reactions: JBJO and Azmopic
It's kinda like going out on a first date with a hot girl you've been admiring for quite a while. You're kinda nervous but you try to act cool and hope everything goes good. The first date goes okay and so does the second, and before long you find yourself falling for her even though you don't know her as well as you'd like, and you hope she doesn't do something to break your heart...

Reactions: Mediacj and Azmopic
Nervous? Doesn't quite fit the bill. Took mine out of the box, put everything together, started it up and then checked everything out with the props off. This was in September and we were heading out for vacation, everything worked perfect. We left and I put it away for a couple days. Next, while on the road, I updated it to 1.3.2 and then on to 1.4.1. The battery was in, the props were on, I was ready to fly for the first time with everything up to 1.4.1... The camera wasn't working and it said "No Signal" on the tablet... So I had a black tablet and took off anyway, it was flying ok, I just didn't have a camera. Then It lost signal and went into RTH and I was maybe 30 feet away and 20' off of the ground... I had already practiced with a cheap drone and knew better then to bother with beginner mode, so I thru it into atti and brought it down. I came on here again and had been watching for months before I was ready to buy and had been asking questions. So I had 1.3.2 on the 16g card that came with the drone and downgraded everything back to 1.3.2 the next day. And everything worked great, the first actual 100% working flight went great and I got some wonderful footage for the first time... Or I would have if I had remembered to turn on the camera :) So for a couple days with problems, I felt really alone, Nervous? Nahh... I was a pucker'ín hard. When I finally got it in the air, I got the Phantom 3 Feeling Good Buzz for the first time and fell in love. It's been 4 months and I have a ton of footage and movies to finish :)
Great info...thanks...

Reactions: mmtphoto
Just got my P3S and I have really no issue to report about, besides I get anxiety flying the drone to high or over water or to far away or from a high up location.
I know is silly, but curious if anybody else went thought this :).
I was at first I bought a cheap tracker now I got the Marco Polo tracker and a getter back float on my bird piece of mind for me

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers