Flying down into Canyons

Reaction score
On the Phantom 3 Professional there is a maximum altitude above ground level that the firmware will allow you to ascend. Is there a maximum altitude below you that the firmware will limit or is it only limited by the radio range ? I want to fly down into Canyons and don't want a bad surprise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

On the Phantom 3 Professional there is a maximum altitude above ground level that the firmware will allow you to ascend. Is there a maximum altitude below you that the firmware will limit or is it only limited by the radio range ? I want to fly down into Canyons and don't want a bad surprise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app
I seem to recall that there is a max negative altitude. I don't recall immediately, but I want to say its something like 200M below take off point, but that may have been a while back and with the old Pilot app. I'm not certain however, so I'll do a search and come back to update.

Edit: I can't find any official specs on it. Not sure why I was thinking -200M. It must have just been speculation in a few different threads. I did find a video of someone going to -445M, so clearly -200M is not correct.

Last edited:
It's mentioned from time to time but I've never seen anyone report running into the limit if it exists.
If it's there it should be just like the +500m limit which gives a warning that Max Altitude HAs Been Reached and won't let you go higher.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj