Flying control

Reaction score
When flying my P3 w/ my iPhone the screen goes black, reads Disconneted and eventually comes back on. Does it every time I take a photo. Very disconcerting! Any thoughts?I do still have control.

Which iPhone are you using?

That's the sd card in the phantom?
Yes, since your iPhone doesn't have one. Or if it did, there are lots of people who would like to talk to you.

That's unlikely but possible. I've not heard of that one before, but I would --

- Make sure that DJI Go is the only thing running. Go into Airport mode. Should not be necessary (I forget to do this all of the time) but it eliminates some variables. Reboot the iPhone.
- Check the cable. Wiggle it and see if you get disconnects. There have been a number of intermittent errors caused by subtly bad cables (although in your case it seems to be due to the photography function).
- Uninstall the Go app and re install.
- Make sure you've updated the RC and the P3 to the same level.

If that doesn't help, let us know. The above are pretty much standard 'it's not working quite right' things to do. Useful for many occasions.

Reactions: meissner58
Might as well clear the cache and cookies on the iPhone before rebooting it. ;-)
Get rid of them nasty dust devils too. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Gary Elliott, I have some tips here to make your iPhone run more efficiently.

A device will shut down when there are too many processes for it to handle, or if the operating temp is too high.

A device will shut down when there are too many processes for it to handle, or if the operating temp is too high.
it depends on the device...iOs handles the processes/apps in a different way without shutting the phone down.

Did this just start happening after working for months or is this the first time you've used it? Like mentioned above, make sure you've updated all apps and batteries along with RC to the same fw version.

it depends on the device...iOs handles the processes/apps in a different way without shutting the phone down.

The point is, all devices that lack the resources to handle multiple processes, fail in one way or another. In this instance failing means the device has become unable to meet the requirements needed. Each time there is a update to the GO app it generally has had additional processes added. And before you know it, someone that has never had problems, does have.

The point is, all devices that lack the resources to handle multiple processes, fail in one way or another. In this instance failing means the device has become unable to meet the requirements needed. Each time there is a update to the GO app it generally has had additional processes added. And before you know it, someone that has never had problems, does have.
I agree with you, but in our case a healthy Iphone 6 is more than capable of handling the DJI app(plus other background processes), unless of course there is some kind of hard/soft-ware issues.

Ok, well good luck. Hopefully you are good to "Go"! ;-)

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl