Flying behind trees?

Reaction score
I been getting good video flying in the mountains doing game surveys, however I have been reluctant to allow any trees to block my control signals at 300 to 400 yards my normal flying distance at 100 ft elevation. If I drop elevation and get my view blocked by a few trees will I loose my phantom control? I been at this about a month.

I been getting good video flying in the mountains doing game surveys, however I have been reluctant to allow any trees to block my control signals at 300 to 400 yards my normal flying distance at 100 ft elevation. If I drop elevation and get my view blocked by a few trees will I loose my phantom control? I been at this about a month.

Most likely.

Your flying with 5.8GHz control which is know to have less range to start with (compared to 2.4) further hindered by it's high reflectance when encountering objects or obstacles. Best keep it line of sight.

Be sure your RTH height is appropriate for your surroundings just in case.

Yes, after three seconds. Then it will rise to the RTH altitude and return to your start point. When it rises to RTH altitude, you can regain control.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20