Flying away with the wind in ATTI mode? Will it return?

Reaction score
Ok... Scenario: Flying NAZAm Mode, you take off (with GPS signal) and hover, activating all gps at 50 feet, then you switch to ATTI mode (flying w/o GPS) and let it drift down-wind until its out of range of transmitter, what will happen?

From page 9 of the NAZA-M V2 Manual
With GPS/Compass module and the failsafe requirements are satisfied, in each Control
Mode (including GPS Mode, ATTI. Mode, Manual Mode and IOC Mode), the aircraft will
enter the failsafe Mode.

From Page 15:
Attitude Mode: (1) the aircraft will level its attitude immediately (2) 3 seconds later, failsafe is triggered and
aircraft will start to go home. (3) If signal is regained during (1) or (2), it will resume normal flight immediately.

So I think that RTH still applies.

hahaha.... May The Force Be WIth You :shock:

Just make sure you've got it set to Home and Land and not just Land in the Assistant Software.

If they say it will work, I believe them... It should be relied on in my opinion... well i FREAKING hope so!!! going to test it!

justicebentz said:
If they say it will work, I believe them...

May be worth hovering it infront of you, placing it into ATTI and turning off the Tx... make sure the FailSafe kicks in and you get the flashing ambers on the rear arms. Once it's proven, off you go :)

Don't want to hijack the thread, but if its in ATTI mode and it goes into RTH mode, how does it know where home is ? (Doesn't it need GPS for that ?)

Or does it basically go into GPS mode, or utilize the functions of GPS mode while its in RTH mode to go home ?

If I've recorded a home point in GPS mode, then taken off and lost both GPS satellite and transmitter signal I guess I'm not going to come back ?

SARC said:
Don't want to hijack the thread, but if its in ATTI mode and it goes into RTH mode, how does it know where home is ? (Doesn't it need GPS for that ?)

Or does it basically go into GPS mode, or utilize the functions of GPS mode while its in RTH mode to go home ?

If I've recorded a home point in GPS mode, then taken off and lost both GPS satellite and transmitter signal I guess I'm not going to come back ?

Always start off in GPS mode and record the RTH location! Otherwise, you'll be SOL for RTH regardless of GPS or ATTI. And should there be a problem with the GPS signal while you're beyond LOS, you'll also be SOL for RTH and your P2NV will be AWOL.

Today on my 15th flight in total and last flight of the day I felt the time had come to let my bird "go free" and switch off the transmitter for the first time. I let it hover 15m away and went for it. Yesss.... it blinked yellow and rose and moved... OK I switched the Tx back on again after the 5 seconds interval so I would only need to flick the switch to ATTI to regain control.... but then the wind was blowing it off course too much to my liking and I chickened out and flicked to ATTI and retook control... I mean... I tested whether taking back control in the air functioned as it should before doing the full test of course.

It did and again I flew it to the 15m position. I manned up and switched off and LEFT it off... (well I did set the right switch to ATTI so switching the Tx on again would instantly give me back control)... and it performed its party trick and landed a mere 1 meter from its take-off position where it switched off its motors and waited for its proud owner.

Good girl!

WAY cool this feature. :D

It makes me giggle like a little girl every time it does it's party trick. I can never get bored of watching it do it! :p

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik