Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Flying away P3P

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by dmeddaugh, Nov 25, 2015.

1. dmeddaugh

It has happened two times now. First time I was in P mode and just went up to 400ft and then hover in the place. I was looking at P3P and it starts moving down wind I waited to see if it would come back and it never did. So I manually moved it back to position and also down. At 100feet it worked just fine. Today it did the same thing at 120ft. If I didn't manually bring back to position then I would loose it. I just bought it. Should I replace the P3P?

2. eBird

How many GPS satellites were acquired? At first glance it does sound like a defect. Before returning I would download and install the latest firmware, calibrate the compass and IMU, then try again. Does it say P-GPS? Does it bounce into ATTI mode by itself? Could be as simple as a detective mode switch.

3. Mario_SB

I believe the upcoming December firmware update will address this issue.

4. dmeddaugh

Is this a known issue? It was in P mode the whole time.

5. Mario_SB

I believe so. I'm sure you will find a lot of comments on this if you dig through the forums. That's how I learned about it.

6. alokbhargava

Yes drifting in windy conditions is a known issue. We possibly have a solution in the new FW release 1.5.30. No one has confirmed yet but initial results that are emerging out are indicating that DJI has attempted a solution thru this release.