Flying away from home..

Reaction score
When flying away from home where you can't save your movie data, how can I transfer movies to a external device from being away from home.

Usually people just swap with another memory card, easy, safe and super quick.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Richard24

Does sound very simple, I will do that...thanks.

Do you use the Litchi App at all?

Not yet! Any question just ask - I know many using Litchi here.

PS: format any additional sdcard in advance by using related option in Go App.

There are also external drives that will backup from an SD card. However, a 32GB card is about $20. I think a 64GB card can be had for about $30. More cards work better for me as I leave 1 or 2 in the box with the Phantom just in case I forget to put the main one back in the drone.

Not yet! Any question just ask - I know many using Litchi here.

I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out what heights I have to set to make sure I don't crash into anything like tress etc....using the Litchi. Any tips. Thanks

It seems that P4 last firmware has some issues with regards to altitude readings under certain conditions. Not sure if affecting Litchi but I understand that some users experienced issues with the craft not flying at expected altitude or not having enough time to climb between points set in Litchi mission.

Recommandation would be to make sure there is enough margin with processed altitudes.

Last edited:
There are also external drives that will backup from an SD card. However, a 32GB card is about $20. I think a 64GB card can be had for about $30. More cards work better for me as I leave 1 or 2 in the box with the Phantom just in case I forget to put the main one back in the drone.
Buy 6 cards and store them in this. Works great, rugged, easy to find the case, easy to stow cards, easy to get cards.

I have two of those credit card sized holders. Although it's cool being so small to fit into your wallet, I prefer to keep my cards in my backpack. I've found those credit card sized holders get lost too easy in my bag, they are harder to find being so small. Have you ever had that moment of panic when you drive ten miles to fly and then you can't find your sd cards? That's why I switched to the larger holder. It also holds more cards, making it easier to segregate used cards from blank cards. Plus it's water resistant and more protective if I were to drop the holder out in the wild where I often fly from.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj