Flying at Dark

Reaction score
I am new to flying my P4P, I have flown it in the daylight alot. I decided to fly in the dark but just go straight up. I lifted had Gps lock but when I got 10 feet of the ground it was not stable at all. It was all over the place should I have turned the downward sensors off?

I fly in the evenings and take it straight up with no hesitation. The VPS may be a little confused with the ground beneath it and the fact that it is dark, try taking it up to at least ten metres and see how that goes. It should stabilise with the barometer taking care of it.

I fly in the evenings and take it straight up with no hesitation. The VPS may be a little confused with the ground beneath it and the fact that it is dark, try taking it up to at least ten metres and see how that goes. It should stabilise with the barometer taking care of it.
Thanks I think you may be right, I was not that high of the ground and it was acting confused for sure!!

Thanks I think you may be right, I was not that high of the ground and it was acting confused for sure!!
Probably should have emphasised that once you are ready to fly, don't ease it up there, use full throttle and get it settled at about ten metres and then check how it behaves. I have the P4 and not the P4P but they should be the same in that respect.

I slowly lifted of got up about 5 feet and it sure did not like it. Next time I will get it up there fast. Thanks!!

Reactions: tevek

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl