flying at altitude

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for helping me and letting me join your forum. I have owned my fc40 for a week now. It flew almost perfectly out of the box. However after traveling to the mountains and trying to fly it to get some video it has behaved erraticly I noticed that on my first attempt at flight here it flied to the side. I contacted the vendor and they instructed me to use the naza software and calibrate the mui. I did this and attempted to fly again and it crashed into a tree. =It hit the ground hard enough to break two of the gaurds for the propellers. I turned on the IOC function via the software and gps mode. I tried to fly again and it just tips to the left and flips over rather than taking off in a hover. The vendor instructed me to calibrate the remote, however the rc software will not connect with the controller thru the phantom. I attempted to remove the screws to get to the usb in the controller however they are so tight I am afraid to strip them. So I am sitting here looking to fly and have a paperweight on the counter. The vendor said I can ship it back however the packaging is at home and it needs to be in the same condition as I recieved it. After their instructions and crashing into a curb it is scarred on top and I think I am stuck with the unit any help would be appreciated. I was very impressed with the flight out of the box however now I cannot fly at all.

eaglescout said:
Hello and thanks for helping me and letting me join your forum. I have owned my fc40 for a week now. It flew almost perfectly out of the box. However after traveling to the mountains and trying to fly it to get some video it has behaved erraticly I noticed that on my first attempt at flight here it flied to the side. I contacted the vendor and they instructed me to use the naza software and calibrate the mui. I did this and attempted to fly again and it crashed into a tree. =It hit the ground hard enough to break two of the gaurds for the propellers. I turned on the IOC function via the software and gps mode. I tried to fly again and it just tips to the left and flips over rather than taking off in a hover. The vendor instructed me to calibrate the remote, however the rc software will not connect with the controller thru the phantom. I attempted to remove the screws to get to the usb in the controller however they are so tight I am afraid to strip them. So I am sitting here looking to fly and have a paperweight on the counter. The vendor said I can ship it back however the packaging is at home and it needs to be in the same condition as I recieved it. After their instructions and crashing into a curb it is scarred on top and I think I am stuck with the unit any help would be appreciated. I was very impressed with the flight out of the box however now I cannot fly at all.

At this point I would load the naza software and do the motor tests, in case one isn't running properly since your crash. It doesn't seem like you did compass calibration after traveling? Also crashing will sometime crack (break) the gps receiver Lots of articles on checking this in forum, do a search.

The GPS was fine. You should calibrate the compass before every flight, and most preferably away from any metal, like that huge metal roof.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1