Flying at altitude lower than takeoff altitude

Reaction score
Tried searching but came up empty.
I've often wondered about launching at a specific altitude and then flying down into, say, a valley that would be at a lower altitude than the homepoint altitude. What registers on the altitude display on the app?
What happens if you initiate a RTH action when it's below the home point? Will it elevate its preset RTH elevation from its current elevation, or from its homepoint elevation?

Reactions: Danilos2k
Tried searching but came up empty.
I've often wondered about launching at a specific altitude and then flying down into, say, a valley that would be at a lower altitude than the homepoint altitude. What registers on the altitude display on the app?
What happens if you initiate a RTH action when it's below the home point? Will it elevate its preset RTH elevation from its current elevation, or from its homepoint elevation?
There's a google search link in my signature. Maybe that will help.

Reactions: Matty4
No problem as IMU will calculate the telemetry data. But you must be careful of GPS signals. Canyons and wall can and will block signals. Dropping below 6 satellites could be disastrous. Be careful and fly safe.

No problem as IMU will calculate the telemetry data. But you must be careful of GPS signals. Canyons and wall can and will block signals. Dropping below 6 satellites could be disastrous. Be careful and fly safe.

-289 feet below take off, no problems... =0)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.