Flying around neighborhood

Reaction score
I mostly fly around my neighborhood which the houses are all close together. I lI've in the middle of the city. I've only flew 130 feet high and usually directly over me, never farther left or right of my street. Is it safe to fly say over my house to the next street or farther? I'm asking because Im pretty sure every house around here has wifi and I heard it can interfere with my signal and I can have a flyaway? I really want to stretch the phantoms wings but I'm so nervous about losing it I don't fly very far at all. Can someone give me some advice on flying in my area? Thank you and I'm sorry if this is a dumb post

Fly over to the Park and back. Pick up some cheap windsurfers to increase your range. If you fly out of range it will (should) RTH, so be sure your RTH altitude is high enough; 120' should clear tall trees.

NoCo Drones

You will piss some of your neighbours off eventually. A lot of us have that T-shirt already.

Reactions: Fishie
Fly over to the Park and back. Pick up some cheap windsurfers to increase your range. If you fly out of range it will (should) RTH, so be sure your RTH altitude is high enough; 120' should clear tall trees.

I bought some copper signal boosters

NoCo Drones

Its just a saying, it means we have already done that.

Oh hahaha. Yea I've noticed I get weird looks from neighbors and cars driving by. I think they are just jealous or uncomfortable thinking I'm scoping out there back yard? Haha

Your phantom plays by the same rules as other wifi devices, operating in proxity to them they will all play nicely to share the available channel allocations and bandwidth. You will see a degradation in your video downlink long before lossing control link.

Depends on the weather. Last night there were storms about 40 miles north of my house. Surface winds were 10 to 15 mph but at 400 ft they were so strong I could not fly faster than 2 mph so I kept dropping down and turned until I got at about 25 mph. Then caught a tail wind and was going 54 mph. It was a challenge to find good flight levels but lots of fun too!

Reactions: Norman Carey
Your phantom plays by the same rules as other wifi devices, operating in proxity to them they will all play nicely to share the available channel allocations and bandwidth. You will see a degradation in your video downlink long before lossing control link.
I have windsurfers on my P3P and can get around 2 miles before losing video.

Depends on the weather. Last night there were storms about 40 miles north of my house. Surface winds were 10 to 15 mph but at 400 ft they were so strong I could not fly faster than 2 mph so I kept dropping down and turned until I got at about 25 mph. Then caught a tail wind and was going 54 mph. It was a challenge to find good flight levels but lots of fun too!

You are brave! Do you fly around alot of houses or are you flying in a more open area?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik