Flying around an object in a circle with camera point to the center..

Well, some of us are in pretty good shape, but not that guy. Haha And yes, we do get paid quite well for climbing. We are actually pretty lucky - a lot of tower companies are just riggers and it's basically just construction, pulling wrenches, nothing technical. We are a small company so we get to work with every aspect of communications from building/maintaining towers and antennas to the radios and networking gear connecting them and customers, including cutting edge tech some days. Every day is an adventure.

And yes, doing these POI shots is tough manually. I always find myself giving too much roll which results in drifting back away from the subject. Some forward pitch might help, but tough to gauge how much. A programmed maneuver would be nice.
Now that is a great job!:D

I am looking forward to some of those apps. Are you testing on android or iOS? What device?

iOS and using either an iPhone 6 or iPad Mini 2. The iPhone includes a barometer so it is more accurate for calculating the devices altitude when compared with the iPad Mini. But both work well and the iPad benefits from more screen real-estate making the placements of points a lot easier.

Everyone is different but... it seems like a cool idea but I've found it was just interesting at best. I've used this feature on my P2V+ and not found much real world use for it. Options are good though.
Everyone is different but... it seems like a cool idea but I've found it was just interesting at best. I've used this feature on my P2V+ and not found much real world use for it. Options are good though.

I have an P2v+ as well, but i never noticed the good old DJI vision app, in addition to ground station had also this feature....

I've worked on my manual POI quite a bit although I don't claim to be good at it. One thing I notice, which is something acherman alluded to, is that using only right ( or left ) stick and yaw will cause you to gradually drift away from the subject. To keep a constant distance from the object as you circle it you also need to provide a small amount of forward stick. Doing anything close to a perfect circle flying around an object is a surprisingly complex maneuver. I agree that automation would be welcome in this case.

Reactions: acherman
It's promised in the manual, coming soon. Home lock and POI were great with P2. It's linked to SDK release.

I really need cable cam like or zipline. Doing college demo tapes for athletes and would like just a back and forth motion like an NFL camera on a zipline.

I really need cable cam like or zipline. Doing college demo tapes for athletes and would like just a back and forth motion like an NFL camera on a zipline.

I've been trying to do this with the existing "F" flight mode and it's been the most frustrating thing after the ease of flying with the Solo. Every time you hit the yaw, it throws the P3 off course. I bought DJI Ultimate Flight app but keep getting errors. And, correct me if I'm wrong, just getting it to fly waypoints, you can't control the yaw to get the camera on subject. I really hope DJI gets these features soon.

Why can't it be as simple as flying your P3 to a spot, pressing a button, flying it to another spot, pressing a button, and then control the camera from there?

Its one of those things thats easier to do than explain how to do it. Like i have my controller all stickered up from when i first unboxed it and in a week i stopped looking at my fingers and sticks.

Reactions: FunN4lo
I am just waiting for good old home point - can to almost any camera eork with that - dont know why its not the first option on every drone and pitty that p3 doesnt have a dedicated hp switch like p2

Bingo. I'm hoping they include this. I used this on my P1 all the time.

if you mean "Home Lock" I also used it all the time on my P2v+ and really miss it on the P3. It made it so easy to fly past something while yawing to keep in in frame. Course Lock is OK for this purpose also but I'm partial to Home Lock. Also great as a no brainer to bring the quad back toward you without worrying what direction it's pointing or triggering RTH.

I've been trying to do this with the existing "F" flight mode and it's been the most frustrating thing after the ease of flying with the Solo. Every time you hit the yaw, it throws the P3 off course. I bought DJI Ultimate Flight app but keep getting errors. And, correct me if I'm wrong, just getting it to fly waypoints, you can't control the yaw to get the camera on subject. I really hope DJI gets these features soon.

Why can't it be as simple as flying your P3 to a spot, pressing a button, flying it to another spot, pressing a button, and then control the camera from there?

If you have an iOS device hold tight for auto flight logics app.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

POI working great in litchi and dji ultimate flight

I'm eagerly awaiting for waypoints and POI support. I often do a manual POI maneuver at parties and family gatherings around the house I'm at. This especially looks great during the golden hour before sunset. However manually doing POI is hard to get perfect, but it's adequate for now. Having an auto flight POI will be nice, further refining my flight capabilities with more precision.

Too bad Solo owners still don't have a gimbal for all of that fancy stuff.

Manual POI is not terribly difficult with a little practice, but it takes practice. The way I do it is turn the expo all the way down to .3 on all the sticks. Face the object. Start a roll motion (just a little) and hold that fixed. I prop a finger on the tx and hold the stick against it. The start a yaw motion. Control the circle with the yaw only

Hi all! I've only had my P2V for a month and new to the Drone world so i have some questions also my first on the forum
FunN4lo: I like what your saying here but don't understand the lingo :/
Turn the expo down? Please explain.
Also I've seen TX a few times is that the control stick ?

Hi all! I've only had my P2V for a month and new to the Drone world so i have some questions also my first on the forum
FunN4lo: I like what your saying here but don't understand the lingo :/
Turn the expo down? Please explain.
Also I've seen TX a few times is that the control stick ?

TX is short for your transmitter
Expo (short for exponential) is a setting in the tx. It makes the stick movement near the center have less effect than at the end of their movement. That way you get less "jerky" movements on the Phantom when you are trying to do something needing fine stick control like a manual POI circle

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dman Ferguson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers