Flying around a wooded playground area

Looks like a dog park for quads. Looked like it was a blast.

EMCSQUAR said:
Looks like a dog park for quads. Looked like it was a blast.

Great way to put it! A buddy of mine had flown there a couple of times but I didn't really pay attention to just how many fun things there were to fly around in. It's hard to find parks like this via google maps since you can't really tell from satellite images if the canopy underneath is good for flying.

That's pretty crazy flying. I don't think I'll ever get bold enough to try anything like that. At least not with my current rig.

Nice job!

poostik said:
That's pretty crazy flying. I don't think I'll ever get bold enough to try anything like that. At least not with my current rig.

Nice job!

Thanks man. What kind of rig are you flying?

P2, H3-2D gimbal, Hero3 Silver, Boscam tx-tS352 and rx-lcd5802

I've already busted one gimbal. I'd love to build up confidence to fly like this but I think I'd have to do it on something less expensive. Judging proximity is deceiving with the GoPro. I never really know how close/far I am from stuff.

Great flying, but I got tired just watching it! Way cool.....reminded me of Mt Toads Wild Ride at Disneyland (maybe they don't even have that ride anymore). Crazy stuff,

Are you sure that this video hasn't been mistakenly sped up?

npalen said:
Are you sure that this video hasn't been mistakenly sped up?

Heh, no it was not sped up. Recorded at 1080p at 60fps with audio. The handling of the phantom and motor noise/pitch is consistent too.

poostik said:
P2, H3-2D gimbal, Hero3 Silver, Boscam tx-tS352 and rx-lcd5802

I've already busted one gimbal. I'd love to build up confidence to fly like this but I think I'd have to do it on something less expensive. Judging proximity is deceiving with the GoPro. I never really know how close/far I am from stuff.

Yeah the gopro lens makes it a little hard to see. Have you considered a separate FPV cam or mod the gopro's lens?

FlyingFanta said:
Yeah the gopro lens makes it a little hard to see. Have you considered a separate FPV cam or mod the gopro's lens?

I have. I may, at some point use a separate camera. We'll see.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj