Flying a circle with a DJI Pantom 2

Reaction score
Hi All - Hope you are well - I have got a Phanton 2 Vision Plus with the standard controller. I wondered if anyone has any tips on flying a circle around an object. I wanted to film a local lighthouse and thought it would be a good effect to do a complete circuit around it but just with the controls it seems pretty difficult to keep a nice clean loop around. There was another thread on here saying set your distance to 50 meters but after asking what this meant, nobody knew for sure and I cant message the person who wrote the thread ........ any help please and thanks on advance.

My tip would be to rely on your FPV view on mobile phone/iPad.
Just observe your object that you shoot with your camera, tilt the Phantom so that it starts flying sideways to whichever direction you want and gently (or less gently, depending on the radius of your circle) rotate Phantom with the yaw stick so that the observed object is in the center of the view. If you observe the object in your phone, you will be able to see if you are making the smooth circle or not.

Just practice around yourself and don't be discouraged at first, if you don't make it the way you'd like!

Ditto. I shot one at Oak Island. Don't be concerned about going too slow. You can speed the video up as needed. Have you enabled Home Lock and Course Lock?

Capt Mike - Yep - I have got Course and Home lock enabled through the DJI assistant software - What difference does that make to trying to fly circles mate - Have you got some master plan to help me out :D

Actually, if you push both sticks inward together it will circle one direction, move both sticks outward together it will circle the other. The tighter you move both sticks in or out together the tighter the radius.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik