Flying 2 Phantoms at the same time

Reaction score
My cousin an I both recently purchased Phantoms (P3P & P4)... We flew this past weekend and had a blast. The only problem and question is, if it is safe to fly 2 Phantoms at the same time? I thought you could; however, my cousin heard that it is not a good idea. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, it's perfectly safe since each Phantom can only be bound to one remote controller at a time.

Well, just make sure the drone you think you are controlling and are seeing is always your own. Otherwise, we'll be seeing reports of two more "flyaways" that are really pilot error (confusing the drone you are controlling with the one you are seeing, which isn't yours)! :eek: That's why your cousin doesn't recommend it. Not to mention that two drones in the same area can easily crash into each other. Never go spear fishing with a buddy in murky water, and drone flying is best done alone, for the same reason. Only one drone in the air at a time is much safer!

Reactions: FrequentFlyer
Who won the race? :cool:

Gadget,

No race, just had to try it. :) Trying to sync them up and make sure they didn't somehow collide with each other was the scary part. Fortunately, as you can see, I've got plenty of room out here. I could have found myself in a real pickle if one of them started to misbehave!

Jerry

Gadget,

No race, just had to try it. :) Trying to sync them up and make sure they didn't somehow collide with each other was the scary part. Fortunately, as you can see, I've got plenty of room out here. I could have found myself in a real pickle if one of them started to misbehave!

Jerry
Well done! As long as they are playing follow the leader, or chasing each other, at least you know where they both are! :cool:

Paint one of them black for easy identification in air.

I
Gadget,

Jerry
I recognized the area. I had family all over SD mostly in Yankton,Tyndall and Sioux Falls, I'll have to put both of mine in the air at the same time now :) Anyone wanna play chicken ??? hehe

Reactions: Jtrjr

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20