Flyin' around and getting on the news

Reaction score
The Charlotte NBC affiliate, WCNC, used over 20 seconds of the Rocky River vid to open the 5:00 news, fullscreen! I wasn't sure if they were going to use any of it, much less so prominently, so I wasn't prepared to record the broadcast but they also opened the weather segment with another clip. I captured that with my phone for proof.:)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We've had a record breaking wet fall in the North Carolina Piedmont so I've tried to capture some decent video and stills while trying to learn how to fly. The 1st vid was shot with about 2 hours on the P3P.

DJI_0006-X3.jpg

DJI_0010-X3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to use this thread as a catch all for upcoming pic/vids, check back in.

This video is from a couple of weeks after the RR vid. I should have used a different filter apparently.:rolleyes:

Reactions: BigAl07 and RadRich
Remains of Wisscasset Mills in Albemarle, a smokestack, 200' tall.
This area is slated to be a large sports field complex by the end of 2016.
ss1.jpg

ss.jpg

ss4.jpg

The dye vats on the dye house rooftop.
dye.jpg

dye2.jpg

The Carolina Thread Trail in the foreground was formally a rail spur that brought raw mat.l to the plant and hauled finished textiles out until the late '90's.
trestle.jpg

A star is born! You're famous! Will you autograph my bird?!

But seriously, congrats. That would be cool to have your work featured on TV like that.

You know I'd sign it! Just mail it to me, with a charged battery, I'll even pay the shipping.:p
Thank ya, it was def nice to get some (free) exposure for my time.

Btw, I busted my *** while dual sporting the TAT across your state, the vid is around here somewhere..

dam.jpg

Reactions: snerd
Great thread neighbor (well globally speaking LOL).

Watch your PM's you've got one coming.

Thanks BigAl.:grinning:

Another shot from the Lillys Bridge area on Lake Tillery, only 10 mins from the house.
DJI_0008-X3.jpg

Answering questions, again.;)
DJI_0011-X3.jpg

Fall Dam on the Yadkin River. Uwharrie Natl Forest on the left side of the river.
DJI_0003-X3.jpg

A riding buddy from Maryland came thru Albemarle last week on his DRZ400, I lead him to a good campsite near Pageland SC. I hauled *** back home.:p
DJI_0073-X3.jpg

DJI_0108-X3.jpg

LZ made from countertop material.
DSC01129-X3.jpg

Thanks BigAl.:grinning:

Another shot from the Lillys Bridge area on Lake Tillery, only 10 mins from the house.
DJI_0008-X3.jpg

Answering questions, again.;)
DJI_0011-X3.jpg

Fall Dam on the Yadkin River. Uwharrie Natl Forest on the left side of the river.
DJI_0003-X3.jpg

A riding buddy from Maryland came thru Albemarle last week on his DRZ400, I lead him to a good campsite near Pageland SC. I hauled *** back home.:p
DJI_0073-X3.jpg

DJI_0108-X3.jpg

LZ made from countertop material.
DSC01129-X3.jpg
Nice pics Mike, You and I should really get together since we live in the same town. I live south of town headed toward Aquadale.

Mike - your videos were impressive, and to have them appear on the news...congrats! However, aside from your videos, your still photos are beautiful! I hope I can get shots as good as you did, those are beautiful! I liked all of them, wanted to give you props for the photo with the Phantom Shadow on the wall, cool! Thanks for sharing!!

That's awesome. Did you contact them trying to sell them your footage ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.