Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FLYBi autonomous drone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lofty Visions, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Lofty Visions

2. snerd

ANYONE CAN BE A PROFESSIONAL DRONE PILOT
    WE WORKED HARD TO MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU

Hey! I wanna be a professional drone pilot! How's the pay?

3. Lofty Visions

Haha yeah great

4. BlackOpsTeamster

The World’s First Truly Autonomous Drone That Gives You A First-Hand Flying Experience!
    WE WORKED HARD TO MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU

Cool! And if they fine tune it enough maybe they can get it to fly itself to the park, fly around and have fun for me while I sit on the sofa drinking beer and watching TV... How's THAT for autonomous? ;) :D :D

Just kidding (a little). I've never owned any type or kind of RC before so jumping into a Phantom was/is pretty much fun because it didn't take a whole lot of skill to get up and running. The technology's cool and all but rather than go in a direction that takes even more control away I'm actually considering getting an RC Glider to challenge me a little "more" not less. But that's just me...
    I'm thinking solar isn't really feasible for a quad BUT should be for a fixed wing no? That'd be neat to go out for an entire afternoon of flying without having to worry about batteries!
    BOT

#4 BlackOpsTeamster, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    dirkclod likes this.
  5. unclejas

The big deal here is 'obstacle avoidance'. DJI is doing this with the Matrice 100, their developer platform. Of course you would think that most 'drone' companies are getting into this. Obstacle avoidance is the 'next big thing'. First we'll be able to avoid large obstacles such as buildings, then, moving objects such as birds, then maybe dogs and cats.

Some video of the Matrice 100 demonstrating obstacle avoidance is quite interesting.

#5 unclejas, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015