Flyaways?

Syotr ... as far as I know, you don't have a P3 yet you are making claims about P3 flyaways and using old threads about P2s and earlier models as justification.
The P3 is a huge leap in technology past the old P2s that you are familiar with and records remarkably few flyaways.
It's a very different bird and has a data recorder that can show exactly what happened in a flight and whether it was a DJI tech problem or user error.
As for the comment about something being paid for by DJI, I'm not sure what that refers to but I certainly have no connection with them beyond buying their products with my own money and as far as I know that article was also independent of DJI.
No, I don't own a P3. My response was in regards to that article which is total BS. It is written by a well known shill who is certainly in cahoots with DJI spamming all other product threads on RC Groups.forums with constant negative complaints about anything other than DJI products, none of which he has owned. He also receives money from books about DJI products and probably other compensation which could not be proved.
I am aware that there are less reported flyaways with the P3 P4. I stated so in post #8 in this same thread, but they still do happen sometimes. Articles like the one you posted always blame the pilot which has been standard DJI speak. It galls me to see such biased information posted as gospel.

It galls me to see such biased information posted as gospel.
And it galls me to see the myth that your Phantom will flyaway continue to be spread as if it was true.
Flyaways with the P3 are extremely rare.
Operator misunderstandings and errors that get passed off as a flyaway are much, much more common.
And with the flight recorder in the P3 you get to see what really caused the incident so operator error doesn't get called flyaway anywhere near as much.
The article I referred to is not BS at all.
It sounds like you have a beef with the author but what he wrote is very sensible and whether he gets paid by DJI or not, makes no difference to the content.
It's not particularly pro-DJI but it's all commonsense.

Reactions: 0DRK3RT
True fly away is rare. I trust my AC and it has so many safeguards. Start n off slow and build your skills and piloting skills. Don't try to fly it as far as possible the first time you fly. Keep it close and play with the modes. It's a blast

Honestly, I have yet to see a YouTube video of a P3 or P4 flyaway that wasn't caused by pilot error or poor judgment.

You always need to make sure to be able to override the automatic functions. I never fly so far away that I risk losing both the video and the telemetry. Mentally I always try to handle a flight with my drone just like when I am going flying with my airplane: trust the technology, but be prepared to step in and take actions in case something goes wrong.

//Tom

Reactions: kenjancef
Hi I don't have a P3 yet but am concerned about how many flyaways I read about, is this a commen problem that should be a big concern? Or is it very rare but seems more of a problem because forums allow these things to seem bigger than they are????

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't fly without a tracker/locator... ever.
www.UAVfind.com has the MarcoPolo which is the best non cellular and non GPS locator on the market.
Fly Safe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik